Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I'm worried that my bleach blonde hair is going to all fall out before it dreads up :(

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

Okay, here is my opinion...if it was my hair, I would purchase a good reconstructor (one of the best is from Nexxus), Gently comb out your knots and cut as much of the hair as you feel comfortable. As hard as it is, wait it out and start your dreads again when your hair is stronger and healthier. But....since you aren't going to want to take that advice...I would not use BS or ACV at all. I would use some Bronner's. Go for the Lavender or perhaps Rose...just not peppermint(as it will be further drying). What youreally need is a protein based reconstructor, which will fortify and strengthen the hair. Only protein (like the Nexxus) will do the job. Plant based products will not stop the breakage, but a reconstructor is very rich and creamy and will definitely remove dreading.Without intensive help, you hair will likely keep breaking. I'm sorry :(

updated by @panterra-caraway: 07/22/15 08:12:01PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

what about a placenta treatment would that do the trick?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Hans Miniar Jónsson
@hans-miniar-jnsson
13 years ago
74 posts

I'm gonna go ahead and point out that hair and nails are made of the same material using mostly the same methods.
The hair itself is not actually alive, though it only exists because you're alive.
If you break a nail, you don't smother it in varying remedies and it'll fix itself. Once it's broken it's broken.

This means that once you've burned your hair with bleach, it's burned, and it can not be undone.

However, the good news is that "it will grow out".

Hair grows, every day of your life. As long as you're alive, your body will naturally produce more hair.

You can try and treat your burned hair to soften it, make it less brittle, by adding more chemicals, or oils or so on, and this is not a bad idea. When you burn your hair with the acid that bleach is, you remove it's outer layer to get to the inner core and remove the natural colour from it from within. If you fill that inner core with oils then it'll support itself better and be less brittle, but at the end of the day, that's something you'll have to maintain as every wash will (or at the very least should) remove the oils that you've added.

My personal advice would be.
Make your peace with what is done.
Learn from your experience.
Live with the consequence.
And wait it out.

Patience solves half the things that worry us with locks, if not more.

Lexi3
@lexi3
13 years ago
7 posts
I mayy have exaggerated on how damaged my hair is. Most of my hair is fine. its only the dreads that i pulled apart and remade that seem to have any significant damage. I only took 3 dreads that were too big and turned them into 7. The amount of hair that fell out was no more than the size of a strawberry when wadded up. And like I said earlier, one of the newer dreads is only a few inches long. When it happened I was definitely nervous and panicky about it. I was worried more hair was gonna break and fall out, but they don't seem to be getting any worse. No more hair has fallen out. The dreads aren't falling apart or getting frizzy, if anything they seem to be tightening up along with the rest of my dreads. I have been spraying "kendi oil dry mist" stuff on them, though. And I think that's helped. It's a hair strengthening spray that I've had forever. It's formulated so your hair actually absorbs it. It's made to get rid of frizz, protect it from heat, and repair damage, but it doesnt do anything to condition or detangle. I used to not like it because it made my hair feel slightly greasy, but now with dreads I really like it, cuz you can't tell.I think the reason it happened is because before I decided I wanted dreads, I used fortifying creams that were stuffed full of proteins to keep my blonde hair from breaking. I haven't been using it..obviously, so my hair has been drying out. I think that's fine so long as i keep it in dreads and just dont cause any more strain to it. I feel like if I brushed out all my hair, it would be more damaged than it was before I had dreads and more damaged than it is now, so that probably wouldn't even be worth it. I'm kind of afraid to mess with it anymore to be honest. All I do is palm roll it to hide the frizzies. I got some dr bronners. I just havent used it yet cuz i havent felt like i needed to wash my hair yet.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

dont bother palm rolling palm rolling can cause froction damage to alreazsdy brittle damaged hair it can even weaken the roots in healthy dreads palm rollings totaly pointless

its semi harmess if u are gentle and dont do it much but some ppl have done it tikll they had no dreads left

and since yours have compromixzed integrity i wouldnt bother at all

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form