Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Frizzy roots on mature dreads! Help!

RalucaIris
@ralucairis
5 years ago
1 posts

Hey guys! As you can probably see, I'm new here, never used a forum, hope I posted in the right place :):) I have my dreads for 2 years and a half now, and until a few weeks ago I thought they are already mature enough not to cause any problems anymore. The dread journey was very peaceful, unlike many people had, as far as I read on the internet. I had no problems with the frizz, not big ones anyway. But a few weeks ago my roots started to be very frizzy. I have loose hair, looks like it got out of control. I always maintain them at the shop were I got them, every 2 months. But now, after I have them maintained, the roots don't last even a week, they are back as they were. I have to mention that maybe 1-2 months ago I changed my shampoo from Neutrogena Residue Free, to Dollylocks. Could this be the problem? I was thinking to switch back to Neutrogena to see if my problem will be fixed but first I need some other dreadhead's advice. Please help me! Thank you so much!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

stop maintaining them at the shop! they cause extreme damage and ruin dreads you are suffering from what they caused

what has the shop been doing to the roots

the roots should be loose  they should never be maintained it sounds like you need to recover from all the horible things they did

nutragena is a hughly toxic and harsh residue stripper, technicaly safe to use only 4 times a year

www.dreadlockshampoo.com is recommended the liquid for young (non african0 dreads bars for mature in non african hair if the roots get too loose switch to the liquid ba wash or 2

STAY AWAY FROM SALONS they are dread killers and scams, literaly everything they do is unesacary, harmful, andin most cfcases counjter productive, just a way to keep you coming back eveey 2 months when you should not have lewt them touch you even once

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

but to really advise we need photos and details on everything the salon did to you so we can help you recover

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form