Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Naturally occurring dreadlocks a concept difficult to grasp

c21dread
@c21dread
12 years ago
17 posts

LOL CAPS LOCK thats better .. ooh me ears are burning ..

updated by @c21dread: 07/23/15 08:19:35AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

c32 thers loads of info here

basic recipe

1-2 tablespoons per cup or ..for you 1/3 cup pe4r galon

add essentioal oils as needed 10 drops teaqtree 30 rosemary 30 laqvgender 30 pepermint

(optional)

pour on soak 10 min thgen rinseell

then the same ammount of acv andd water (acv-apple cidser vinager)

pou on soak 3 min and rinse

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
c21dread
@c21dread
12 years ago
17 posts

just to clarify - i am not having a go at anyone who wants to "create" dreads

i joined this site because i was thinking if i am ever going to cut them i would like to give it to someone who makes wigs for cancer patients - and this is where my search took me

i only joined 3 days ago and since then my inbox has had messages from other threads and from these i just noticed the many comments regarding the things people have heard about the best way to "get" dreads

being as i have never done any of this stuff and having dreads for 23 years (well i shaved my head 23 years ago-on the morning of the 21st June 1988 to be precise- the dreads probably formed a few months to a year later) which just formed themselves without ANY form of plaiting rolling waxing backcombing ash flour dirt dogshit dont wash it for a year - or any of the other things i have read about in the last 3 days

I just found it very strange as i didnt even know people think yo need to do such things. seriously all i did was shave it and not comb it and just keep it clean (which is getting harder lately - butt now i know about bicarb!)

so my new found knowledge of such practices and 'locticians' (i still think that is hilarious) was so overwhelming that my reaction may have seemed strong and unneccesary and maybe provocative- which was NOT my intention

i mean no offence or judgement to any dread -natural or otherwise i just am very very surprised that people feel the need to do this as the only thing that prevents dreadlocks is a comb - and most of the questions seem to be along the lines of "what or how do i do it?"

having done absolutely nothing personally to 'get' dreads- all this stuff is all new to me so forgive if i seem to be having a go at any one who does these things- I am not-

I am just saying - in my experience it isn't neccesary

and of course if yo want to do whatever you want to do then you are free to do it if not harming anyone

and i understand you elke.in.alaska about 1) irevocable life change from other peoples usage (too many times) and 2)moderation in all things - including moderation

anyway no offence intended to any body- i just thought it was wierd at first that people dont know this - i am a newbie after all

gnight and peace love health wealth and happiness to all

ONE LOVE

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

trust me when i 1st heard of backcombing wax and crochet i was surpruised even shocked

i do have 1 problem tho

not with those who do them but with how haremful many methods are

and way more then that

ppl who proffit from making u believe u need to do that

ppl spend 10's of thopusands on salon dreads only to have em so damaged they break in 5 years

natural dreads like ours seem to be the only ones that last as long as ourrs

--
hippiegal
@hippiegal
12 years ago
182 posts

No offense taken, C21dread. :) The way I see it, you are lucky to have made the journey totally ignorant of wax, crochet, loctitians etc etc. When I first got interested in getting dreadlocks a couple of years ago, all I found on the internet was ads for DHHQ and loctitians. What they said about 'neglect dreadlocks' was all negative.So I don't get heavy on people who ever used wax, crochet or whatever, because I know how much misinformation and commercialization there is out there. I just do my best to discourage it. The best advertisement for the natural way is stunning dreadlocks. Over to you two!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i think we corner the market on stunning natural dreadlocks

and c21 ..if you cut you willhave alot of ppl disapointed

--
hippiegal
@hippiegal
12 years ago
182 posts

Sorry - I think I made the same post twice then!

Gabriel Beauchemin
@gabriel-beauchemin
12 years ago
50 posts

Exaclty! You said it perfeclty. If I would have known that I just need to stop combing I would have never crochet them...

hippiegal said:

No offense taken, C21dread. :) The way I see it, you are lucky to have made the journey totally ignorant of wax, crochet, loctitians etc etc. When I first got interested in getting dreadlocks a couple of years ago, all I found on the internet was ads for DHHQ and loctitians. What they said about 'neglect dreadlocks' was all negative.So I don't get heavy on people who ever used wax, crochet or whatever, because I know how much misinformation and commercialization there is out there. I just do my best to discourage it. The best advertisement for the natural way is stunning dreadlocks. Over to you two!

Jdwood
@jdwood
12 years ago
275 posts

I think an other major factor is most people see the end result of locks and not the long process. Imagining the time and the transformation of the hair before it looks like dreadlocks is somewhat of a mystery for most. Makes me think of evolution and why a lot of people have a hard time accepting it, much longer process of course :)

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Many people see the process, but they never put 2 and 2 together that the nappy hair you saw on someone was going to end up as locks.

And evolution has been proven to happen pretty quickly. By that I mean that it just pops up. There's little to noin between process. It's been a puzzle for evolutionary biologists for decades

/ 9

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form