Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Combing my dreads out,

Rachel Guthrie
@rachel-guthrie
13 years ago
36 posts
I change my hair frequently, and deep down I knew I probably wouldn't keep them for more than like a year and a half. So I decided why drag it out? I might as well just wait for a time in the future when I'm officially done with my hair. Plus, I already had some dandruff problems before my dreads, and now it got 10x worse and was becoming a hassle. I know I sound like such a quitter..for the second time, but I thought long and hard about it and I need to do whats best for myself and what will make me happy. But I must admit, dreads have made a huge impact on my life and I have a whole new outlook on them. I can't wait til the time comes that I can restart my journey for good :P
updated by @rachel-guthrie: 01/13/15 08:57:54PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

why end it to restart it when continuing it is so much easier?

you know within a year you will be right back here starting all over again

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Rachel Guthrie
@rachel-guthrie
13 years ago
36 posts

because i don't want to restart for years.

i thought i was ready this time with my pregnancy, because i wanted hair that i didn't have to manage anymore.

but i can't keep them on that alone.

i think dreads are beautiful, but i don't want them to mature and come THAT far just to comb them out.

i have a lot of reasons, and it was a difficultdecisionthat i didn't just decide randomly.

Rachel Guthrie
@rachel-guthrie
13 years ago
36 posts

Yeah, I got a really sturdy one! :D

Haha the dandruff would wash out but I'd find myself scratching my head randomly throughout the daybecauseof the dryness and then stress out worrying someone would see the flakes, aha.

But thankyou! :)

Knottysleeves said:

I don't see it as "quitting"... you just want to do something different with your hair. Nothing wrong with that. Change is good, and being open to change is a positive thing. :-) It's just hair, and you can always get back on the dready train whenever you're ready again.

I hear ya on the dandruff... I've had scalp problems all my life (hereditary, nothing to do with dreads) and yeah, it's definitely harder to manage when you have dreads and can't wash as often, etc.

Good luck with the comb-out! Use a STRONG comb and the biggest, cheapest bottle of conditioner you can find at the store. :-)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

u think u wont restart dfor years but im willing to bet you restart within a year

we have ppl here on theyre 5th and 6th sets..how long do u think they last b4 missing them and starting over

u know you still are dealing with pregnancy hormones too that affects how u feel about your dreds..as well as the quality of the dreads themselves are affected temporarily

are you 100% sure you wouldnt rather wait till the hormones are more im ballance just to be sure your not gonna regret this several months from now?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form