pic of the week

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

discontinued it as a test

why

well realized that its slowing things a great deal

the pic this week (ashtons) was 2 and 1/2 megs and was reduced toi 1/10th the size to fit

now we can renew the pic of the week but every time the photo chosen would have to be resized to fit the box instead of having the page resize it to fit (keeping the huge file size)

if we reduce the file size and upload every time we can concider reinstating it but for now i want to see what the sopeed diference will me (seems like close to twice as fast loading now)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/13/15 08:57:09PM
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
aww I love the pic the week, i get to see some pics I never did before since the site's so big!
PoopStains & SkidMarks
@poopstains-skidmarks
13 years ago
20 posts

Seen a BIG diffrence in loading the page this am.. Not so slow to load...Although I do like pic of the week..

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

if anyone would like to take it over ..and rwsize them before adding them then we can start it up again

i love the pic of the week too but being huge pics slows things if anyone wants to take over the editing ..and resizing we can do it again

--
★ⓂoⒹ★Ernie
@modernie
13 years ago
22 posts
I have been graphic designing for 12yrs and it would be very quick and easy for me to re-size the photos, or if need be I can even reduce the file size itself without sacrificing much quality and without reducing actual pixel dimensions. I've gained so much knowledge from this site, I'd love to contribute in this way, or if you happen to need any other graphics or anything like that done, I'd like to volunteer :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

awesome i'll set u to admin and hey any of the group inages anything ya wanna speed up be my guest

--
★ⓂoⒹ★Ernie
@modernie
13 years ago
22 posts
Great, I've added you to my Yahoo messenger for easier contact SE
Clayton
@clayton
13 years ago
76 posts
This site has such a diverse knowledge-base! :D Go Ernie! lol