Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

people are cruel

tatyananashi
@tatyananashi
14 years ago
145 posts
I hated high school. They were all a bunch of shallow clones with no brains, they pick on anything that is different. Don't worry about them, not to sound mean but they'll all hate their conformist lives in a few years, and you wont. Then they'll beg you to come visit or be friends on social networks. They'll want to hear about your life and adventures, because regardless of how things go for them or you, you're comfortable with yourself (your hair at least, that's a start) and you don't bend to conformist pressure. That alone is an adventure compared to the meaningless lives most of them will live. I know it sounds cliche, but seriously, I had the same problem (I was the friend though, my best friend in hs went to an alternative high school, but we were both "different" and picked on) and all those preppy fucks want to catch up with me online or try to visit me or want to see me when I'm in town visiting family and my bf from high school. Their boring lives stay that way, that's why they watch reality TV and wear the rediculous "designer" crap.

Also, on a side note, it doesn't really stop, when you go into college or start a job there are always people who will eventually talk to you about your hair and criticize you for anything you do that is different. Just remember, they're miserable, that's why they do it. I know it still sounds cliche, but I haven't ever had a happy person ask me or question me about my lifestyle or appearance, it's always been those negative people with a lot of stress and crap in their lives, who criticize everyone regardless of what it is, and who are the meanest people, but it's always because they are miserable on the inside.
updated by @tatyananashi: 07/09/15 11:54:40PM
Pathargic
@patrick2
14 years ago
61 posts
High school kids are just that: High School Kids. Once you leave the place, chances are you won't be seeing a single one of them again. That friend of yours sounds awesome, though. Hopefully, she isn't too hurt by the others.
katrynn
@katrynn
14 years ago
58 posts
I'd slap a ho! Ppl ask me these dumb ass questions about my hair. "uhh like do you ever wash it?" yes stupid! Or "do you have dreads?" duhh. Or just "ewww I'd never do that to my hair" good don't worry about it then... My friends sick up to the aholes for me
Bryce Forrest
@bryce-forrest
14 years ago
32 posts
man katrynn your comment made me grin ear to ear. :)) thanks so much for the smile. i know, im lucky to have such a cool friend.
Julia2
@julia2
14 years ago
2 posts
I wouldnt take their opinions too seriously. Just think of how many people look at you and who knows, maybe they have found an interest in dreadlocks, maybe they will go home and look up information about them. For everything negative people may say... think about how much can come from peoples silence. Just from observance. At my job some people dont ask about my hair, some people are very rude and tell me that its disgusting and I correct them. Give them information. Tell them the right information. People like that, especially high school aged people, have yet to experience a lot of worldly things. Just think of them as those who have yet to experience or come to realize what you have. =] As said by U2 "don't let the bastards grind you down"

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form