Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

ever been offered money to cut your dreads? how much would be enough

Alden
@alden
15 years ago
303 posts
I receive more threats to have my head shaved than people offering me money to cut them. Primarily from strangers!! I actually had one guy in a gas station grab my dreads, hold them and inspect them, then say "You come to my truck and I'll handle this with my battery clippers."WTF!!?!?!
updated by @alden: 07/23/15 05:21:08AM
Klete
@klete
15 years ago
47 posts
what a complete douchebag. sounds worse there than out here in nebraska, all i get are stares
MountainWillow
@mountainwillow
15 years ago
141 posts
Well I suppose Im pretty lucky, being in Asheville- most anything is pretty open and accepted- there are alot of dreadies and alternative things here. But it still isnt as accepted as I thought it should be given how Asheville really is. But comparing to other places- yea I guess dreadlocks are almost a normal thing here LOL
olduser
@old-user
15 years ago
15 posts
Well considering how I've been unable to find a job for over 6 years, this would be very tempting. -Very- tempting.
HealingAmungTheTrees
@healingamungthetrees
15 years ago
93 posts
I fully expect my Grandmother to offer me something to "fix" my hair when I see her in a couple weeks. She paid my cousin to remove a couple facial piercings and she tried to pay me to remove my daughter's ear piercings and my navel piercing when I had it. I did not take it.I really would not want to do it but if someone offered me money to buy a car I might consider it. I really need a car, I am trapped out here in the middle of no where and I am going a bit stir crazy. I guess I am not that attached to mine yet because I have not had them that long. Or maybe I am just desperate to get a car and get out!
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
I was offered $100 from my grandmother with the last set, I turned it down.I'm really not that big on money and $100 isn't enough to do anything with really....I think if I was offered $800 a week for as long as I keep my head shaved then I'd go for it. Living comfortably is a little more of a priority than dreads...
echolynnrain
@echolynnrain
15 years ago
72 posts
This thread has been too funny.Just want to say...I live in the white-est city of the USA. Livonia, MI. It has had per capita been the whitest city for yrs...not sure if it still is today though. I'm sure people here will see me like a freak when I get my dreads going...and then there's the police. Ughh. Cali here I come! LOL
echolynnrain
@echolynnrain
15 years ago
72 posts
SE...what was the intent of this person who offered you all that money?
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
Most cops I've met have been pretty chill and friendly after talking to them a little bit, they are so used to dealing with plain shitty people that they expect everyone to be that way. The younger police officers tend to be worse at that but they still tend to relax when you talk to them as people and joke around a little. At least the ones around here, they got into it to help but end up becoming bitter. Like SE said in a different thread, if you are active doing something positive for the community a lot of cops will be the first to be supportive.
echolynnrain
@echolynnrain
15 years ago
72 posts
Good point...thanks! Puppy said:
Most cops I've met have been pretty chill and friendly after talking to them a little bit, they are so used to dealing with plain shitty people that they expect everyone to be that way. The younger police officers tend to be worse at that but they still tend to relax when you talk to them as people and joke around a little. At least the ones around here, they got into it to help but end up becoming bitter. Like SE said in a different thread, if you are active doing something positive for the community a lot of cops will be the first to be supportive.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form