Dreadlocks Forums

Reasons to cut your dreads.

roxanne grace elizabeth calvert
@roxanne-grace-elizabeth-calvert
14 years ago
1 posts
:\ Harry Brack said:
alot i think,

well, my girlfriend broke up with me the other day over an argument started by her asking me to rid myself of my dreads.
screw her though, mean if she gna fall out with me over that...

...zombies though, they are scarier than my girlfriend was lol

updated by @roxanne-grace-elizabeth-calvert: 07/23/15 03:39:45PM
Vinny
@vinny
14 years ago
82 posts
I killed mine because I thought I was gonna be a firefighter, and all my instructors in my EMT program really pushed me to do it. All in vain though, decided I didn't want to go down that carrier path half way through that EMT program.
elise3
@elise3
14 years ago
3 posts
PLEASE listen to me for one second..im having a dread mega crisis.. i started dreading when i was a lil ole 14. im 20 now and still have them.welll...some. I guess for like 5 years i loved them..Thay were finally down to my butt and ya i looked like a mermaid then i was like well damn i sit on them and dip them in toilets and drown when i swim.....plus they are just a huge security blanket to hide behind and i was like this sucks!!!! i need to grow and change and having these on my head forever won't help me!!! hmm so i had a dream that a doctor said if i cutt my head off, then i would fly...so i woke up and took that as a sign to cutt off my dreads. so i did.and i could finally walk on my hands without stepping on my hair HOOORAY...soo then yay !! i could also swim without drowning and someone giving me a wedgy and throwing me for holding on to them to keep me a float. i was sooo excited to not have dregs....i bought a big bundle of balloons and flew them off in the air ..a final goodbye to that part of my life( but believe me i kept some of them in a box..EXCITING but oooooh ouch people say.why why why would u cutt of those beautiful locks and then i was like ehhhhhhh feeling self conscious with only like one dread left on the side of my ear not to mention having an identity crisis!!!....so i tried it out for a summer with one dread and felt strange, and a little like oliver twist ( i mean my whole hair was one inch long with one measley dread on the side)!! so then i got depressed and coulnd't stop thinking about my other dreads i salvaged sitting in the box in the attic... and just well...dug em up and sewed them back in ahaha....just like 6 of them to make it appear like i had long hair....then i shaved one side of my head and sewed them all onto one side like 6 months after that to try out that look...... which i now still have with bangs tooo..but man I DON"T KNOw i feel like i chickened out and should've kept them off..but i feel like dreads will always be a part of me...any advice i dont want them anymore..they are falling out and are basically just sewed in ahhhhhhh..but i do..but i don't....its more for the crust reasons if anyone is familiar, not for jah or anything HAHAH please gimme some advice sorry if this bored you but MANG i definitely loved my choice at first to cutt them..for a change..change is good..but then i sewed them back in b/c i felt weird and was sick of dealing with the weirdness..threw on a sideways NASA hat and called it good..but that was a pussy move..MY ADVICE IS IF you want to cutt them..CUTT THEM FOR YOU..your personal spiritual reasons...and not just for some job...or to conform to w/e bull.....if you are dedicated to them cool...its a way of life...and if you decide to cutt them COOOl don't listen to what people say "why why would you do that..stick it out. you'll be fine...i shoulda done that..now i just have 7 dreads on one side of my hair and im too chicken to cutt them again b/c of the security thing BUT (dreads are like a passage you go thru if you want to look at it like that...you have them..they were great ..for certain reasons..you experienced them..they changed you,,,..cutt them and life goes on...big deal hair is hair
K E A Z
@k-e-a-z
14 years ago
58 posts
Get annyoing while im skating sometimes i think of cutting mines or trimming them
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
they grow on you and you dont feel right without them but maybe you dont quite feel tight with old ones cut for a reason yoossed away then sewen back onin a way its like u seperated from a past only to run back to itor like breaking up with someione then moving in with them not for the relationship just for a place to bemaybe you should let new dreads grow and as the new dreads grow let go of the oldmight be time for a new chapter in your life as well i know the loss of my 1st set felt very much like that starting the next set started a whiole new chapter in my life toowas about your age toosecond set just felt so right i always knew theyd be with me foreverps tie em up when u use the tiolet!!!but getting em stepped on can suckumm why did they make u drown? did u use wax or something? mine are twice as long and they float they dont drag me down ..and im not a good swimmer at all

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
GratefulNick
@gratefulnick
14 years ago
155 posts
I cut my backcombed set for these reasons 3-4 years ago.They had some type of black paint or something sticky in them. They did not look that good, my scalp was really itchy- probly from using regular shampoo. 2 of my friends overdosed on dope and I was in a decline, and my girlfriend at the time dumped me. I guess my dreads reminded me of more sad times then good times. My friends were in shock the day I cut,They were like how could you, I was like it's just hair it will grow back, doesn't really change who I really am, it just changes the way the people profile me.Now I got a 19 month set of naturals that I love so much more then the backcombed set, due to dreads being a formed natural on my head vs putting them where ever u want. thats one reason natural dreads are more comfy. I don't think much could make me cut them maybe I would cut them if my parents die in honor of them, who knows.
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
lice will make me cut my loxx
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
Usually the unforeseen..If I had to cut it again I'd shave it, keep it shaved for awhile and do it natural again. I don't want to use a brush or comb again.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
you just need a guy whos had dreads longer then you :)but shes so right RAE said:
DUDE UNLESS A STRANGE SMELL IS COMING FROM THEM, STAY TRUE TO THE NAPS! I HAVE HAD MINE LONGER THEN ANY GUY!

Harry Brack said:
alot i think,

well, my girlfriend broke up with me the other day over an argument started by her asking me to rid myself of my dreads.
screw her though, mean if she gna fall out with me over that...

...zombies though, they are scarier than my girlfriend was lol

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lord Panzer
@lord-panzer
14 years ago
12 posts
I work as i security guard, and i know at least 1 throw and 2 armbars that counters someone gripping your hairXDAnd i just got a message from my new boss that i'm gonna get fired if i don't cut my hair.I'm not cutting my hair just because someone wants me to, so i filed a report against him, and made a lawsuit out of it, so now he probably has to pay a fine, and for the cost of the lawsuit XD

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form