Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Starting over

Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
11 years ago
158 posts
Okay, that's what I thought with the sectioning/separating. I just didn't know if I left them fatter if they'd try and split at the roots and try and be two dreads. I guess I'll just cross that bridge when the time comes. Thanks so much everyone. Man I wish I'd have found this site before I started last time, when I HAD unfortunately already found the other "dread" sites :(THIS is an amazing site!!!
updated by @cristin-nessen: 07/23/15 04:46:27PM
Heather
@heather
11 years ago
1,291 posts

i have a pretty defined part even now at 27 months but i kind of knew that was going to happen. i have a pretty stubborn cowlick so i really could avoid it. it does become a bit jagged and fuzzy over time.

Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
11 years ago
158 posts
I guess a part wouldn't be so bad. Especially once it starts fuzzing over and wasnt straight. I've even thought of parting my hair way over on the side, then once it starts to dread just flip the hair over it. Idk if that'd work though, or if it'd be hard to lay the hair a different way once it starts to dread. But I guess I'll accept and love them whatever they do. I'm so excited to start this new, fresh journey!
Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
11 years ago
158 posts
I also have a cowlick. Actually two. One in the front, and one in the back, and forcing sections like I did with the first set was a bad idea lol
KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

i actually kept my part when i tnr'd. its stayed to an extent but it does get less defined

Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
11 years ago
158 posts
A lot of my parts/sections fuzzes over too with my last dreads, I just didn't know how much it would with a full length part. Good to know that it isn't too noticeable. Thanks everyone :)
Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
I would suggest just shaking your head after you wash and let the hair stay where it lands. Kinda do the headbanger flip and let it lay where it wants. Know what I mean?
Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
11 years ago
158 posts
Lol yep! I know what ya mean, and that seems like a really good way to do it! I'll definitely be trying that. Thanks!
Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
11 years ago
158 posts
Oh yeah, one more sectioning question I had. What if my hair starts to section itself into skinny sections, while I want fatter sections? Is there a way early on to encourage fatter sections, or would I have to just try and congo them?
Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
You can put a bead on a couple small sections or you can wait until they're established and do the same thing. I'm currently congoing two tiny dreads. I slid a bead over the two then put an open wrap underneath it, down the length of the dreads. The roots joined up almost immediately. I just have the bead in now and about an inch and a half has joined together with lots of individual hairs criss-crossing down a couple more inches. It's taken almost 6 months for just that to happen.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form