Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

starting over !

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

nope no waiting, wash when they start to seem dirty/oily. if you used a starter method there may be some loosening or "falling out" (less with backcomb than tnr) but it's a process of loosening & tightening, things have to move to knot. a clean head makes for happy dreads!

Elvira Figueroa said:

so i dont have to wait a certain time period to wash my hair? & what about the new baby dreads i backcombed?

Ixchel said:

dirty hair won't knot, oils make the hair slip instead of catch. baby dreads should be washed with a non-residue shampoo (bs/acv or dreadlockshampoo.com are good options) 2-3 times a week or whenever you feel they need it. washing helps knot by messing it around too!

Elvira Figueroa said:

so i just not wash my hair for about 2 wks then wash it regularly ?

updated by @ixchel: 07/23/15 05:45:46AM
Elvira Figueroa
@elvira-figueroa
12 years ago
24 posts

Thankyou ! (:

Ixchel said:

nope no waiting, wash when they start to seem dirty/oily. if you used a starter method there may be some loosening or "falling out" (less with backcomb than tnr) but it's a process of loosening & tightening, things have to move to knot. a clean head makes for happy dreads!

Elvira Figueroa said:

so i dont have to wait a certain time period to wash my hair? & what about the new baby dreads i backcombed?

Ixchel said:

dirty hair won't knot, oils make the hair slip instead of catch. baby dreads should be washed with a non-residue shampoo (bs/acv or dreadlockshampoo.com are good options) 2-3 times a week or whenever you feel they need it. washing helps knot by messing it around too!

Elvira Figueroa said:

so i just not wash my hair for about 2 wks then wash it regularly ?

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form