Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dry flakey acne forehead and hairline, help!

Myschyf
@myschyf
12 years ago
115 posts
I'm not a pimply person, I get maybe 1 a month, but I'm so brokout it's ridiculous. I have made a lot of changes Lin the past month, switched from shampoo & conditioner to bs/acv (just got my oils today, I smell like a dream lol) went vegan from ovo-lacto veg, and not junk food vegan, but healthy. Stopped consuming chemical sweeteners, and as many chemical preservatives as possible. I'm still using my same moisturizer (mostly cause I havn't found anything else), but the bs cleans my face nicely, but i even switched back to my old facewash. Anyway, my face is broken out, large zits on my chin, LOTS of little ones on my forehead, between my eyebrows, nose, hairline, behind my ears and back of my neck. I look like a pubescent teen again... Thought I ended that 15 years ago. I've stopped playing with my new baby dreads cause I thought that might be it, but it's just gotten worse. And the areas are itchy and flakey. I wash my face once a day like normal, before I got to bed, to make sure I get the dirt of the day off, and wipe with rose water every morning. I have noticed that since doing the bs my skin is less oily, and instead of having to wash my hair daily I can skip to ever 2-3 days, could I be too dry, causing breakouts? Idk any advice? Cause I really don't want to have to go to a dermatologist, who is going to give me some hideous overly harsh acid crap.
updated by @myschyf: 01/13/15 09:34:22PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

you got the oils did u get tearree?

put a drop or 2 on a lil gauze pad and wipe yoir face with it it wu=ill kil all the batcteria causing that

theres a couple possible cayses

had u ecer used wax? wax wikll for sure cause that if nit it could be because your using the bs instead of soap but werent using he oils tht u a wernt getting the oils out of pores or b you wernt killing the bacteria

theres a third possibility an alergy to bs topicaly

so lets try things in this order to narrow it down

1st scrub face with teatree

then add the oils to your bs wash

if it doesnt clear up or gets worse try stopping the bs use the oiks in a rinse and switch to the bucks county soaps and shampoos or simular

the bs alergies the least likely thats why i lo=isted it last i think the teatre should fix u up

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Myschyf
@myschyf
12 years ago
115 posts
Ty will try :) ur a life saver!
Myschyf
@myschyf
12 years ago
115 posts
And no never waxed
Myschyf
@myschyf
12 years ago
115 posts
Just wanted to drop in and say I applied the tea tree oil before work, and immediately the burning achy subsided, and in the 8 hour shift the inflammation was greatly reduced. So once again ty! My face meats thank you too!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

awesome

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
I never would have thought of tea tree oil to clear up skin!! It makes perfect sense tho. My daughter is 12 and has struggled with breakouts constantly for a couple years already. Not like a blemish here and there every now and then. More like constantly all over her face, neck, back, shoulders, and chest. She's been asking for the teen version of proactiv, which I can't afford and I'm afraid it would be too harsh on her skin. So tomorrow we're going to start using tto in a test area and see how it works!Thank you Myschyf for asking about this and thank you again SE for being such an amazing kick ass dude!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form