Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

When your brand new dreads unravel O.O

Ren Allen
@ren-allen
12 years ago
3 posts

Hey my names Ren and i want to know something, I've so far been "dreading" my hair for 7 days now and in the very beginning i used the backcombing method (no wax or anything just a comb and a friend). but as it turns out that when i washed my hair 4 days after, my hairunraveled... after reading all of the stories on this site right now im just thinking it would be best just to let nature run its coarse and dread my hair for me. would that be the best idea considering thatI'vealready backcombed it... but at the same time its not like my hair knotted up or anything. i have a mixture ofAfricanAmerican and curly hair and my hair is fairly short, not to short but short all the same. so basically to get ageneralmental image of how my hair looks, its sectioned out, puffy and sticking up >.>...idk

updated by @ren-allen: 01/13/15 09:29:31PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

naturals always best but i think you are using aloe and vor shampoo they will not be good (aloes ok in moderation if your scalps typicaly dry like african americans tend to be but use it only as needed to prevent them from being too dry and brittle)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ren Allen
@ren-allen
12 years ago
3 posts

okay so i should just wash them and let them air dry about once a week? because i know there not gunna dread over night and im willing to go through the process of watching them grow and mature :) i just dint want to ruin them by doing a bunch of stuff to it that i might regret later on. i also have the tendency to twist and twirl them between my figure's ..does that damage them? lol i know so many questions, but i was reading many different stories on here and i would hate to have one of my dreads "fall off" or something to that or equal extent.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

just twisting between y9ur fingers isnt going to do any harm unless your twisting tight like salons do

tho playing with them like that can create..or destroy knots its best to leave em alone if u can

yea wash and as they form seperate as needed

use a dread soap

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ren Allen
@ren-allen
12 years ago
3 posts

okay thanks! this has been much help :D

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus