Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

how do I sleep with them?

Joey5
@joey5
12 years ago
83 posts
Just another quick question. How do I sleep with my dread babies? I currently use a loose durag made of fake sill
updated by @joey5: 02/14/15 09:20:11AM
Joey5
@joey5
12 years ago
83 posts
Silk* Sorry. Is that ok our should I use a ram or nothing at all? don't want to hinder the knotting process!
Lapis Angela Lazuli
@lapis-angela-lazuli
12 years ago
76 posts
I used to wear durag too, but stopped few weeks in to the dreading process...Its best for hair to be able to move freely so the hair can tangle up while sleeping.Sleeping on wool helps too, I heared.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

dont use a durag

close eyes

go to sleep

its not like u got to do anything special

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

yup. lay down, put on some music, or whatever, close your eyes for a while, wake up the next morning, shake your head and go about your day. Repeat whenever you want

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

I find a little "pillow talk" can go a long way ;)

Joey5
@joey5
12 years ago
83 posts
Jajaja
Joey5
@joey5
12 years ago
83 posts
Update... tossed the durag and my dreadies are doin remarkably better since. The side and top all knotted up and they all feel alot more solid! And that's only in a few days. Thanks for all the great advise, can't wait to see what happens in a free months!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ITS FUNNY THE 2 THINGS MOST PPL ARE AFRAID WILL RUIN THEIR DREADS..SLEEPING AND WASHING.. ARE THE 2 THINGS THAT REALLY HELP THEM DREAD THE MOST..HAHA

i really gotta disable this damn caps lock

its kinda a funny how they are too impatient to just let it dread so they backcomb or tnr .. then acvoid washing for weeks even months.. and sleep wearing a tight nylon

both of which really slow even stop progress

and the funniest part of it all is 1/2 of them couple probly dread accidentally without even trying

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

am i the only one who yells the words in their heads when they read caps?? lol:)

soaring eagle said:

ITS FUNNY THE 2 THINGS MOST PPL ARE AFRAID WILL RUIN THEIR DREADS..SLEEPING AND WASHING.. ARE THE 2 THINGS THAT REALLY HELP THEM DREAD THE MOST..HAHA

i really gotta disable this damn caps lock

its kinda a funny how they are too impatient to just let it dread so they backcomb or tnr .. then acvoid washing for weeks even months.. and sleep wearing a tight nylon

both of which really slow even stop progress

and the funniest part of it all is 1/2 of them couple probly dread accidentally without even trying

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form