Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Changes from year 1 to year 2?...

Colin Johnson
@colin-johnson
12 years ago
12 posts

I was just curious what the major changes were that you guys experience after the first year, all the way up to the second year. I'm almost to a year and was wanting to know what to look forward to!

updated by @colin-johnson: 01/13/15 09:17:00PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Once you hit the one year mark you have pretty much seen almost all the normal locking and matting you will see. What I started to experience after 1 year was how super fast my hair started to grow. I mean length wise. At 1 year I had this little lock that stuck straight up on my forehead. It looked like a unicorn. (I called it my horn. it was maybe 1 1/2 inches long). After 4 years, it's about a foot long now. Same with many of my other locks. You see those little frizzies surrounding your locks start to get sucked in. They look more flat and matted too.

Plus, you will always get new baby locks forming from hairs that grow between roots. Then you get to experience all over how baby locks take shape. There is never an end to the journey. You're first locks are mature, but there are always new ones that just pop up and start. It's really cool to see these in the morning.

Colin Johnson
@colin-johnson
12 years ago
12 posts

That's cool. I don't allow new locks to form. I've heard they go from being locked the first year, to getting very, very tight during the second year, as well grow a lot, like you said.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

They do keep getting tight as the years go on. What do you mean you don't allow new locks to form? Do you make sure they get swallowed into other locks? That's cool. They would eventually, but if you want to keep them neat looking, you can combine them.

Colin Johnson
@colin-johnson
12 years ago
12 posts

Sweet! Yeah I make sure the very few loose hairs I have from the roots, find their way into a dread. ( most of the loose hair I have is in the dread bodies themselves, which im not worried about.)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form