Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dying dreads?

SoupDragon
@pip-herbst
13 years ago
23 posts

hi guys, I'm wanting to dye my dreads to match my natural hair colour now, with maybe a few pink ones here and there, so how long can I wait before I can dye them? I don't want theconsistencyof the dye making them fall out or anything. they're two months old natural, and are very knotty atm, please watch my latest video to see what they're like :) thanks x

updated by @pip-herbst: 01/13/15 09:13:15PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

well you only want t6o dye the surface so its probly ok as long as your not soaking them

a light coating on the outside ..i think wont do much harm

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way...it would be nice if it did. By only "coating" the outside of each dread with color, you will have a multi-colored mess. Depending on what brand of color you use, you will loosen your dreads initially, but they should retighten a bit within a few days. If your knots are fairly secure...then you are safer. To be honest, I have always colored my hair and I am a professional, but I was so concerned that I held off for quite awhile at first. As I said, I also found that brands do make a difference and some brands condition alot. I would also say not to use the conditioning packet that comes with some packaged colors. It is a tough call...but it can be done. If you want, you are welcome to post a message to my page for any other questions or a private message if you would rather. Hope all goes well :)

SoupDragon
@pip-herbst
13 years ago
23 posts

thanks guys. I'm going to be dying them brown and some pink to match my fringe. I might wait one more month though just to be on the safe side.

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

That is probably a great idea :) Post the results when you are done...I would love to see the brown with pink...sounds super cute!

Pip Herbst said:

thanks guys. I'm going to be dying them brown and some pink to match my fringe. I might wait one more month though just to be on the safe side.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form