Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Do my dreads look 'normal'?

SpaceGhost
@spaceghost
13 years ago
37 posts
I've had em for less than a week, just backcombed, waxed once (it was a mistake, no longer waxing) and now just letting them loose! I just uploaded the pics to my page, check em out if you wish. Feedback is much appreciated.The first few are the first day, the rest are progressing till the last one right now,
updated by @spaceghost: 02/14/15 07:37:44AM
SpaceGhost
@spaceghost
13 years ago
37 posts
Okay that ordering is screwed up now, but you get te overall picture.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

ok the sections look rediculously huge how bif are they at the roots? how many dreads total u got

also the rubber bands nmust be removed right away and stopping wax isnt good enough u got to remove it with such thick dreads tghat can be an astrononmical chore to get i t out u may never get it out

the sections li]ook like they will be thicker then your arm

with that thick..and wax..your running a real mold risk

when mature they will take 3 days or longer to dry

they will be thick dreads at 1/3 rthe size u made em

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
SpaceGhost
@spaceghost
13 years ago
37 posts
They aren't as thick as my arm, lol. I have around 30 established, I am guessing more will come with loose hairs etc, I don't know big they look but they certainly Arent that big.

soaring eagle said:

ok the sections look rediculously huge how bif are they at the roots? how many dreads total u got

also the rubber bands nmust be removed right away and stopping wax isnt good enough u got to remove it with such thick dreads tghat can be an astrononmical chore to get i t out u may never get it out

SpaceGhost
@spaceghost
13 years ago
37 posts
Im removing the wax, I only put it on once and it soaks out after a couple washes in hot water and shampoo.

SpaceGhost said:
They aren't as thick as my arm, lol. I have around 30 established, I am guessing more will come with loose hairs etc, I don't know big they look but they certainly Arent that big.

soaring eagle said:

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

unfortunately no it does not it can survive 5 years of washing even boiling wax is almost impossinble to remove thats why if your in the 1st month u should start over

otherwise even with the best wax reo=moving advicxe it can still take months of extreme effort to remove it

--
SpaceGhost
@spaceghost
13 years ago
37 posts
Question - do bands actually weaken the hair? If so that would mean normal hair ties weaken hair? I'm afraid if u take he bands out of the back ones my hair will turn into a big mess, instead of structured locks. They are loose elastic bands
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yes it weakens the dreads and worse they melt and get swallowed take them out and seperate oftren thasts it

look most of us have never backcombed never banded we just let the hair dread ir=tself and we have structured dreads right?

they will be fine

just take them out seperate after every wash when wet

simple as that

--
SpaceGhost
@spaceghost
13 years ago
37 posts
Thanks SE, I will post on my progress over the months to come!
SpaceGhost
@spaceghost
13 years ago
37 posts

OK guys, it's the 13 day mark now and here are some recent pictures:

Back: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/198/img0420km.jpg/

Side: http://imageshack.us/f/843/img0416cx.jpg/

Front: http://imageshack.us/f/51/img0432bj.jpg/

How do you think they're going? :) I've dropped the wax, and taken out all the rubber.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form