Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

first things first please :)

Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

day two of no combing. i am still new to long hair, longest i have had it befor was maybe an inch or two shorter. but i love having long hair, its s symbol for me as im sure it is for everyone here. dreading is the next step.

but since i have hair i play with it, and since im dreading i feel the need to roll it back and forth...this i am assuming is not the best thing by will with right? here are some photos of my hair, it is thick and often dry (when i shampood every damn day like an idiot. for the last few months though, i have been rinsing my hair and scrubbing dandruf out, and shampooing once a week cuz when i do i get fro status.

my question is, do i just leave it be all together? i know i can separate it when i get there. i like to live my life simple with no drama, and am seriously anti materialistic as it drives people from what we really are, spiritual beings. i absolutely love my hair. i have this weekend off, and i need a shopping list. baking soda is obvious, but i dont know where i can readily find the oils that i need.

i have greasy hair, but thethicknessobsorbs it i guess.

just getting started i would like advice on how to help mt dreads along withough setting my self back, i know a lot of experimentation willl be involved. and i have decided to go all natural. my dandruf propblem though, because i live in las vegas the water is hard, and frankly i dont think it is good at all.

please, and thoughts, quick tips on getting started, and even tip for the next stage is very welcome.

already i can tell that this site is for me, and eventuallly i look foreward to helping other people through thri journey.

thank you all in advance, i cant wait for the feed back :)

updated by @castaway-j: 02/14/15 12:41:21PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

well it looks like it will progreess nicely

i get my herbs here

mountain rose herbs

they have all the oils and high quality

while your gertting the baking soda get sea salt too

post an update in a week or 2

you'll see progress week by week

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

Thanks for the link SE, but should i stop touching my hair right now or what?! lol im really not to sure on what to do for the first few months, though i have done much reading here, i havent read anything that tells you not to touch it or roll it. dunno. need to know exactly what to do and what not to do.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

best not to tho twiddling with i can help it knot it can also unknot it too i guess it depends on how u do how often your hair type etc bu can go either way and think more ppl that do play with it ind it hurts more then helps

--
Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

perfect. ill not mess with it at all then. going to be very difficult as i have always tried to keep my hair perfect and laid down. just gotta let go :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yup lesson number 1 just let go

--
Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

5 days in, already seeing great progress. ive been washing and rinsing more than i should, but this is only because i am still trying to get a feel for everything. its pretty nuts looking, everything i used to avoid letting my hair look like, but surprisingly since i just let it go, i have been getting many compliments. good feeling :)

today i did a bs wash, then as it was soaking realized i didnt use any of the oils i got, so i threw some drops of lavander and teatree oil in the next one right after, without a rinse off the first. feels great and smells great too. lovin it all the way!

Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

heres from yesterday, day 4 washed twice (read above), his photo is after it dried. does it look ready for separating yet? my main concern is the back of my head getting to crazy from sleeping on it. this morning i wanted to separate the crap out of it because it was.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

crazy is good

u can caregfully go thu and make sure no sectionsd are getting too combined but i wouldnt thik u would have to yet tho u may see dreads starting to form pretty damn soon

keep doin what your doin just feel around for any that are trying to become big matts

--
Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

the only part im worried about is the back after sleeping on it, its the hardest to "carefully" go through lol, i guess ill get used to it.

i want em to grow as naturally as possible, my front ones that always get in my face will trurn out stright imsure though just from keepin em outa my face.

SE how do dreads of this hair type normally turn out? still wavy kinda? so long as they dont go zig zag on me, i dont think ill have any other reason to interfere with their natural progression.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form