Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Why are my dreads coming loose???? HELP!

Caleb Forbes
@caleb-forbes
13 years ago
6 posts
ive had my dreads for a month now, i started them with backcomb/crochet (i know, i know)about two weeks ago i was informed about how bad crochet was for dreads, so i threw away the devils needle and kept on palm rolling and root rubbing. but now, that i have washed them 2 times since, they are starting to come undone. like alot. for a while, even after stopping the crocheting they were tightening up very well.. now they dont seem so great..is this a normal process? if not, how do i fix it with no wax and no crocheting?
updated by @caleb-forbes: 01/13/15 09:05:19PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

by waiting its goosd they are comming loose

though you should stop rubbing and trolling just leave em alone let em dread

what did u wash with and hoew?

u should be washing morewe often too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Caleb Forbes
@caleb-forbes
13 years ago
6 posts

will do man! i figured thats what i should do, especially after reading some other posts on here.

i have been washing with Knotty Boy's dread soap (bar) so far i do like it,

but recently i was given a homemade made soap, made out of dried coconut meat, and hemp seed oil. i have yet to try it so i will probably try this week. i normally just wet my hair, massage my scalp and roots and rub through to the tip of the dread, let the soap sit for about 2 minutes, then rinse out.

and how often should i be washing then?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

that concaunut bars gonna be tio conditioning i think and when u wash only wash the scalp just massage the scalop dont rub the dreads let the soap rinse through the dreads

and wash 1-3 times a week

--
Caleb Forbes
@caleb-forbes
13 years ago
6 posts
thanks, for the advise, is it good to use something like that just once a month or something? ive heard from some people that its good to use something slightly (minimal) conditioning once a month or two. and thanks man! youre tons of help!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

if u have african textured hair yes if not no well not till mature anyway then once mature use as needed

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form