Dreadlocks Forums

How and what is Hair Matting..

BJ Sickboy
@bj-sickboy
13 years ago
20 posts

How does hair mat?

what exactly does it do?

do the hairs fuse together or something? just trying to understand the concept better.

updated by @bj-sickboy: 01/13/15 09:01:16PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

fuse together? hahsa no

it knots it tangles

ok picture your christmass lights every year you try to put them away neatly so they wont be a tangled mess the following year but every year you end up spending hours untangling them right?

and typicaly they sit in a box in an attic all year maybe being moved 2 or 3 times

hair ion your heads always moving akways tangling tangles tighten when you sleep on them and compress

once the hairs tangled it tangles more easily cause its no longer even and orderlu but all diferent lengths and chaotic

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
BJ Sickboy
@bj-sickboy
13 years ago
20 posts

ah, i see. thanks SE...

hmmm, does keeping my hair tied up in a bun prevent it form locking properly?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

it can somewhat they should be loose as much as tired up if u gotta tye em up alot

i knew 1 irl who always had a wraop around hers with the ends poking out the top

only the ends dreadsed in balls

eventualy the rest would become 1 huge dread but slowed

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
BJ Sickboy
@bj-sickboy
13 years ago
20 posts

dude. i came across a cool vid talking about some history or theoritical history of Dreads.. check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya9e0wpIBYA&feature=related

in the first few minutes it talks about how hair locs together by the ridges in each strand... could this be a better definition of matting? what do you think?

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form