Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Little comments

Celeste
@celeste
13 years ago
48 posts
Ok... So yesterday I had to work in the snack bar for my sons baseball league, and one of the ladies in there asked, "what did you do to your hair?" caught me off guard and kinda irritated me a little, I just told her I loved my dreads, she said, " you do?" yea I do!!! What could I say next time this happens to catch them off guard with my response??? Don't wanna be rude but who do they think they are!!! Seriously, I would never Sask someone something lime that....any suggestions??? Thanks guys...
updated by @celeste: 01/13/15 09:00:04PM
Celeste
@celeste
13 years ago
48 posts
I like it!!! Thank u so much!!! Love the positivity!!! :)

fancyAmanda said:
You may never hear the end of negative comments from some people. Be the bigger person and let it roll off your back. If someone questions you, you should tell them that you've simply smartened up and stopped spending ridiculous amounts of money and time on your hair. Your dreads represent your freedom :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
i look atr thenm confused and say what do tyou mean i didnt do nothin but what did you do to yours to get it like that?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Medusa
@medusa
13 years ago
57 posts
SE, I so get that!! I was accosted by a very distant acquaintance at the dr office a few weeks ago, she kept asking "so, what's up w your hair? What'd you do to it?"Not being in my most Zen of states, I kept answering, "what're you talking about?" w confused expression. She finally stopped asking. :)

soaringeagle said:
i look atr thenm confused and say what do tyou mean i didnt do nothin but what did you do to yours to get it like that?
Celeste
@celeste
13 years ago
48 posts
Ya that's good!!! I'll do that!!! Thanks!!!

Medusa said:
SE, I so get that!! I was accosted by a very distant acquaintance at the dr office a few weeks ago, she kept asking "so, what's up w your hair? What'd you do to it?" Not being in my most Zen of states, I kept answering, "what're you talking about?" w confused expression. She finally stopped asking. :)

soaringeagle said:
Celeste
@celeste
13 years ago
48 posts
Haha, awesome!!!

craig said:
just say 'nothin, it does it by itself when your a free spirit'
Celeste
@celeste
13 years ago
48 posts
Haha, awesome!!!

craig said:
just say 'nothin, it does it by itself when your a free spirit'
KikiMcGumbo
@kikimcgumbo
13 years ago
2 posts
Celeste
@celeste
13 years ago
48 posts
Haha!!! Lol maybe I can practice in the mirror!!! Lol the inner bitch does want to come out!!!!! I dont want them to know that it bothers me though. I'll just try and make them feel dumb for asking such a stupid question!!! Thank for taking the time to write!!! Have an awesome day!!!! :)

Nom, nom, nom said:

Wow, rude people.

Whenever I run into people like that my inner bitch kind of comes forth and I get kind of passive aggressive. I normally give them a long stare before replying in a bored tone that 'I let it form into dreadlocks, why do you ask?' and then stare at them in a bored, yet inquisitive manner while they try to explain. That way you let them realized how rude and stupid they are being without being the one to directly point it out. They feel worse about themselves because you didn't react obviously to their rude comment, so they can't get defensive about it and internally defend themselves with righteous anger.

. . . And yes, this is kind of manipulative. But adults need to learn lessons about manners too, and shame is an insanely good motivator. It takes a little practice to get the apathetic stare and tone down but it will be well worth it the first time you can shame someone into silence.

:P

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form