Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

First time with dreads 4 months in.

Keegan
@keegan
13 years ago
2 posts
Hey guys I'm new to dreadlocks, I've had mine in for about 3 1/2 to 4 months now and I'm not really sure how to gauge how they are coming along. I started them off via backcomb an wax for about 2 weeks. Since then I have literally done nothing. Haven't washed (kinda gross) have hardly palm rolled and defiantly haven't waxed. So heres what I need to know, at about this point where should my dreads be? I have straight, white boy hair. I've gotten over worrying about every loose hair but I still don't know where they should be at. Some of my dreads are totally awesome, some suck and feel like a super frayed piece of rope and a few others (about 6) seem like they haven't matured at all. Needless to say their still intact.So here are some of my questions:1. Where should they be at this point of about 3 1/2 to 4 months2. Is it safe to wash them without fucking them up? Probably my biggest concern3. What can I use to wash? I've heard straight bar soap or hand soap works4. What should I do about the few rat nest ones that look like frayed rope. And also I seem to have hardcore drandruff it seems like. Or some kind of white gunk in my hair.I'll try to get some pictures up at some point. Any info is appreciated since I'm so new to this. Thanks!
updated by @keegan: 01/13/15 08:59:39PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

whoa y would u not wassh for 4 months>

ok 1 u got to remove all traces of wax wax prevents dreading prevents maturing they will always suck till u get all the wax out

2 u need to wash to dread they will not dread if u dont keeo them ckean well they will but way way way sklower clean hair dreads best so wash

3 no hand soap no bar soaps use dr bronners or better yert baking soda since your hairs gotta be gross by now i would do baking soda extra strong extra long and repeat it often tipll u feel really really cleabn

yea your scalps gotta be gross by now u should have been washing all a=long but never i=using wax

start by washing ..wasshing washing then start to remove wax use any of the wax removers u got listed on this sire keep removing wax loong after u hink its gone wax is pure evil to get out of dreads

scrub like crazy with dawn dish soap that wull help remove waxz

at this point u want to undo all u did as much as u can step backwards to day 1 then wjhen the wax ids gone and the hair clean it will dread fine

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Keegan
@keegan
13 years ago
2 posts
I think you are thinking I used more wax then I actually did, I' used it once on day 1. And sparingly. The washing has defiantly been a problem for sure, I'm in a program that allows limited travel so trips to somewhere that would have Bronners has been tough. Where would I find it? I have done a handful of saltwater washes but thats about it. I appreciate your help and info

soaringeagle said:

whoa y would u not wassh for 4 months>

ok 1 u got to remove all traces of wax wax prevents dreading prevents maturing they will always suck till u get all the wax out

2 u need to wash to dread they will not dread if u dont keeo them ckean well they will but way way way sklower clean hair dreads best so wash

3 no hand soap no bar soaps use dr bronners or better yert baking soda since your hairs gotta be gross by now i would do baking soda extra strong extra long and repeat it often tipll u feel really really cleabn

yea your scalps gotta be gross by now u should have been washing all a=long but never i=using wax

start by washing ..wasshing washing then start to remove wax use any of the wax removers u got listed on this sire keep removing wax loong after u hink its gone wax is pure evil to get out of dreads

scrub like crazy with dawn dish soap that wull help remove waxz

at this point u want to undo all u did as much as u can step backwards to day 1 then wjhen the wax ids gone and the hair clean it will dread fine

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

any wax thats in there is still in there and must come out 1 use any use is a bad mistake

if u cant get bronners go to any store anywhere get baking soda aka bicarbonate soda and vinager wet your hair put 1/4 cup bs in a galon container fill with water stir pour over your head..wait..10-30 min id advise 30 since ya havent washed in ages then rinse that off well then mix less vinager then u used bs and water oour that on then rince it off right way

your hair will be clean and drwad better

but u still gotta work on getting that wax out

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form