Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Starting Dreads: Hair Length

Giuliano Pagano
@giuliano-pagano
15 years ago
55 posts
Ok so reading your comments sorta convinced me to go and try just growing dreads naturally (Which I dont really think will work for my hair) considering it gets really poofy and has alot of volume, on the good hand my hair is supposed to be perfect for getting dreads..So if I try the neglect/natural method, what are some usefull tips for that? I mean like I think I got the general idea of it by just not combing it or using conditioner and it will eventually dread itself but I havent combed my hair since I was a just a wee' tike. Do I need to twist and rip to get them started or anything??
updated by @giuliano-pagano: 07/03/15 06:36:24AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
if you strip buildup away (use something like nutragenas daily clarifying) then use a non residue soap it should beginto knot upwearrimng a wool hat helps alot so does sea saltas it starts to seperate just feel for clumps that wanna hold together and seperate em from other clumps to form individual dreadlingsif yoir hairs oily use lil thyme tea spray on to reduce oiliness Giuliano Pagano said:
Ok so reading your comments sorta convinced me to go and try just growing dreads naturally (Which I dont really think will work for my hair) considering it gets really poofy and has alot of volume, on the good hand my hair is supposed to be perfect for getting dreads..

So if I try the neglect/natural method, what are some usefull tips for that? I mean like I think I got the general idea of it by just not combing it or using conditioner and it will eventually dread itself but I havent combed my hair since I was a just a wee' tike. Do I need to twist and rip to get them started or anything??

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
soaringeagle said:
umm as long as the shorter length is long enough to dread?
what happens to shorter hair over time?
it grows
so if the top dreads 1st the shorter parts will dread as they grow
it wont matter one way or the other

obviously I was implying that his longer hair would dread first.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form