Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

worried! please help!

Alyssa2
@alyssa2
14 years ago
35 posts
hi everyone. my oldest dreads are 29 days old, and i'm getting very nervous. i've always had dandruff, and the diluted peppermint dr bronners seems to help it for a few days and then it comes back.also, almost all my dreads underneath (also my oldest ones) seem to be completely unraveled. please help!
updated by @alyssa2: 01/13/15 08:37:24PM
Alyssa2
@alyssa2
14 years ago
35 posts
also, they're not made with any wax. i used the backcombing method, but that's it.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
backcombing tends to unravel its never meant to be part of dreading and backcombings only purpose is to give u 1 or 2 days of "look at me i got dreads" followed by months of "omg my drewads are_____ (insert every normal thing dreads do)relax.. dreads dread.. stop counting days stop looking in mirrors 2 months 3 months somwhere down the road u will suddenly realize the ones that fell apart dreaded on theyre ownhair dreads if u dont prevent it u dont need to make dreadsif u are worried throw a bead on em..they'll dread finedandruff is your scalp adjusting try the baking soda teatree rosemary combo

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Alyssa2
@alyssa2
14 years ago
35 posts
could you give me a recipe for it? i don't mean to be a bother! soaringeagle said:
backcombing tends to unravel its never meant to be part of dreading and backcombings only purpose is to give u 1 or 2 days of "look at me i got dreads" followed by months of "omg my drewads are_____ (insert every normal thing dreads do)

relax.. dreads dread.. stop counting days stop looking in mirrors 2 months 3 months somwhere down the road u will suddenly realize the ones that fell apart dreaded on theyre own
hair dreads if u dont prevent it u dont need to make dreads
if u are worried throw a bead on em..they'll dread fine

dandruff is your scalp adjusting try the baking soda teatree rosemary combo
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
theres alot if u use the new search its easy to find but a spoonfull of baking soda per cup water..couple drops treatee oil few more drops rosemary then teatree and pout over head let soak 10 min or so rinse well then optionaly add a small splash of apple cider vinagar as a rince pour ion leave soak 3 minutes..if u rinse with freeeezing water and wash with cool to barely warm the freezing water helps dandruff too

--
Alyssa2
@alyssa2
14 years ago
35 posts
thank you so much. i'll be sure to try that next time i wash. i've been washing about every five or so days, (just when it gets very itchy and feels dirty) i've got very curly, coarse hair, and lots of it! do you think that's alright? soaringeagle said:
theres alot if u use the new search its easy to find but a spoonfull of baking soda per cup water..couple drops treatee oil few more drops rosemary then teatree and pout over head let soak 10 min or so rinse well then optionaly add a small splash of apple cider vinagar as a rince pour ion leave soak 3 minutes..

if u rinse with freeeezing water and wash with cool to barely warm the freezing water helps dandruff too
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
very curly course hair will dread great ;)you'll like the baking sodawashing whenever you feel itchy or dirty is good

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form