Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Burt's Bees

Ivan
@ivan
14 years ago
88 posts
thanks so much :) we'll see how it goes. if not, i still have my bronner's. Sister Rags said:
Ivan, I'm sorry, guess I wasn't very clear.

Yes, I have tried BB's shampoos, conditioners, various soaps, various moisturizers. The grapefruit & sugar beet shampoo does smell great. I do know a woman with dreads who does use it to wash her hair. For me, the shampoo (that one & all of them) was too oily for my hair while it was locking. Actually, it might be good for mature dreads that need moisture.

But, hey, everyone is definitely different, so give it a try & see what you think.

updated by @ivan: 07/23/15 03:41:26PM
Ivan
@ivan
14 years ago
88 posts
ok, so 2 days ago i washed using the burt's bees shampoo i bought and it went just fine. my hair smelled great afterwards and my locks haven't come undone or any greasy, oily residues. i guess it's safe...so far.
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Burts Bees used to be a natural company once upon a time. It was sold to a corporation and now is full of chemicals, same with Jasons.Here is a data base of thousands of products and their chemical ratings.This shampoo rates pretty high at a 5 http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/product/319993/Burt 's_Bees_Super_Shiny_Grapefruit_%26_Sugar_Beet_Shampoo/I love that web site its amazing. Type in nearly any product and get a rating and a write up on it.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form