Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Need some advice

Victoria Blevins
@victoria-blevins
11 years ago
2 posts
I am just starting my dreads. I want to do it completely natural, but i am wondering if it will actually work right and how long it may take due to how my hair is. about six months ago i had long thick curly hair. i melted it off with chemical straighter. i am done with chemicals and have learned to love my hair the way it is. I love dreads i think they are unique and beautiful. But my hair is now short and thin but is still curly. will my hair dread naturally? how often should i shampoo and i have knottyboy shampoo bar but is that really a good shampoo to use?
updated by @victoria-blevins: 01/13/15 09:45:46PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

its..not horible like dreadheadhq but knottyboy destroys dreads just like dhhq so both should be boycotted u bought 1 so use it for now but these are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy better www.dreadlockshampoo (and way more ethical too) wash as often as u want just not daily 2-3 times a weeks great

yesa it will dread naturaly but how short is it

naturally in caucasianish (haha new word) hair it needs about 6 inches typicaly..not always but thats a general norm

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Victoria Blevins
@victoria-blevins
11 years ago
2 posts
THANK YOU! and the Shortest layer being about 5 inches but the longest layer is about an inch past my ear.
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

Natural locks usually start to section short, but won't start to lock until your hair is about 5-6 inches long. So you will see some locking starting at your length. They may see thinner at first because your hair thinned out. But as it grows back, your locks will thicken up and you will fill in any gaps with new growth locking into their own locks.

Eagle's right about the shampoo. It's not the best, but you can use it for now

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form