Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Is there anyone that lives, or has visited Thailand?

Hazanko
@hazanko
12 years ago
27 posts
I am looking into teaching English in Thailand, as it sounds extremely interesting to me. As I understand it, Thai's value appearance very highly, especially for a teaching position they expect you to look professional.I've read that there are a lot of shops in Thailand that will do dreadlocks, but I'm assuming this is mostly a tourist attraction sort of thing and has little to do with their culture.My question is, do Thai's look down on people with dreadlocks, or is it more socially accepted over there? I am fine with wearing a tam or something along those lines if required, but I'm also not sure if something like that would be considered bad taste?Does anyone know if Thai's are more educated about dreadlocks, or are the majority of people over there also under the assumption that dreadlocks have to be made or are dirty, or etc etc. I'm about halfway through my 2nd month, so I still have a LOT of progress to be made, and while I embrace the messier look I'm aware that most people will think less of you for it. I don't care what people think as long as it doesn't affects my ability to receive or keep a job, that's something that you unfortunately have to deal with...
updated by @hazanko: 02/14/15 02:24:26AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

mostly in thailand they crochet the hell out of dreads..to an extrenme tho some go natural but they are very misinformed about dreads there

and..isnt thailand the country that has the death penalty for a single joint? i dunno if you smoke weed or not but thats kinda exteeme no matter what

they have low crime there cause they do have extremely harsh punishments for even minor crimes..

i cvcabt remember what all i read but was tuff like a speeding ticket and they can fine u something like 50,000 and take away yoir liscence for 10 years

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

moving to jobs section

--
Hazanko
@hazanko
12 years ago
27 posts
Thanks for moving, probably a better place for the original topic question.Hoping you don't mind if I shift the subject a little bit... But I'm curious SE, what do you do?...I'm personally just fed up with current society... so many unneeded complications and the like... I just want to live my life and enjoy it, not have to spend 8 hours a day working for hundreds to thousands of other people just so that I can put 80% of my money into rent... Sick of the idea of working in one specific field for any longer duration of time... I love every job I get for the first month or two then I just can't stand it anymore and have to move on to keep my sanity, it unfortunately affects my ability to get new jobs though...I'm tempted to let everything go and drive my van to slab city lmao...
Hazanko
@hazanko
12 years ago
27 posts
I also didn't realize the laws were that bad... that's insane... USA is bad enough with their laws and I'm 100% aware that they are rather tame considering other countries...why can't I just live and enjoy my life?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

what do i do? what am i doing now? thats what i do

i breathe.. i live

why not head to the gathering instead?

thats where im headed

long long long ago i realized that jobs made no sense while your working for minumum wage as the low man in the company the tiop guys are making milions working the same hours for the same company..so your labour (and let face it what they do cant be called labour) must be worth way more thenyour paid since others are profitting from it much more then you are

so long long ago i stopped trying to work "jobs" instead i did what i enjoyed doing and foi]und a way to make a lil $ off it it wasnt as mucgh as even a minumum wage job but then again i never needed much $ either

now what i do..i s work on this site i work on it 18 hours a day.. and maybe the site brings in a whopping 5 cents an hour haha

but im happy with that ok maybe 50 cents an hour on a good day..maybe i havent figured it out

but i can tell u this is the 1st tik ive ever wanted to work overtime all the time haha

i seriusly doubt i will ever have another bosss in my life

--
Hazanko
@hazanko
12 years ago
27 posts
I thought the gathering is only temporary? I thought it only lasted like a few weeks or something once a year?I don't mean to pry so I hope you don't take offense to me asking you questions? I'm just trying to decide where I want to go in life... I can't stand the idea of spending almost of my time awake working the same thing all day, only to have to spend almost all of it to pay for the apartment I'm living in and then barely enough to enjoy myself or to even afford FOOD. What I REALLY want to do is find a few friends and live 100% of the land, hunt/grow my own food, build my own shelter, etc... The problem is where would I do it, where can I find land that I'm able to do this on without having to pay taxes?I try so hard to be motivated to find and keep a job, but it's so damn impossible to fight for something you don't believe in. My dad goes to work at like 8-9am, comes home late around 7-8pm, and then often times he's working from home until 3-4 IN THE MORNING... absolutely depresses the shit out of me and can't believe that some people are able to continue living a life like that. I can barely handle 9-5, by the time I get home all I have the energy or will to do is watch a movie and fall sleep, I can't even really enjoy what I like doing when I'm working 9-5.You almost HAVE to have a car in most places to be able to get to work, cars require gas and they also can break down, you can't make your own car parts so you have to pay for them. If you're in an apartment you can't grow your or hunt your own food, because there's just nowhere to do it, so you're forced to pay money for it. The list goes on... It seems you're either all the way in the system or you're all the way out of it, there's no reliable in-between... The system forces you to pay others to do things for you, because you either don't have the time because of your OWN job, or you don't have the resources to do it yourself.I'm just so fed up with it all, there has to be something...
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

no the annual gathering technicaly is a week but in reality its 3 mi=onths thats just the big 1 theres dozens of smaller ones all year long all over so it literaky never ends

there are aeeas where u cabn get hundreds of acres che4ap.. and taxes are about 100 dollars a year then if u build an ecodome or earthship your total bills for a year can be about 100 dollars as weklk

--
Hazanko
@hazanko
12 years ago
27 posts
what exactly is entailed in the gathering?How does one afford to eat and etc, communal? What do people live in? Are you just expected to pitch in and things are provided in good faith, or...? When you say dozens of smaller ones, do you mean a smaller group of people are moving around or are there static locations that people ''call home''?I have a decent amount of skills and I'm extremely good at figuring things out for my own if needed, I'm just mainly curious as to what is expected of you to stay within the community? I don't want to give you the wrong idea, because I would WANT to help wherever I can, I'm just curious as to the logistics.I'm assuming most of the smaller ones(if they are static as I'd assume), there is someone who owns and pays for the land/etc in order to provide for everyone else?If you don't mind maybe you could pitch in what you think is important I should know that I haven't asked?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

you are expected to show up

thats it

however it works best if u pitch in no nobody owns the land we gather in national forrests (here in other countries private land)

when seed camp starts theres nothing there..wilderness we build hundreds of kitchesns dig shitters lay plumbing lines from springs spread out over miles build bridges to protesct streams etc people who can bring h8=undreds even thousands of pounds of food others cary a few pennies in their pockets

some sit around doing nothing all day others work in the kitchens from sinrise to sunet ..or even ariunfdd the clock

some cary a few buckets of water and concider their job done..theres always planty to do and plenty willing to do it and others not wanting to do anything at all but it works

we pass a hat every noght at the height of the gathering on the 4th with 40,000 ppl there it might get 2000 dollars in the hat 1/3 goes to main supply which supplies only the main kitchens that serve main circle smaller suport kitchens are self reliant or have their own hats 1/3 goes to calm for medical 1/3 goes to kid villiage..and all coins get set aside for cleanup (when we leave we leave nothing but wilderness no sign we were ever there)(people will staty for 4 months months acter cleanup crew leaves they will stay till it snows just to get every tiny bit of microtrash they can they search 20 square miles of woods for trash the ize of..well..if u can see it without a magifying glass they try to find it

where u satay u can szet up a tent or tipi u can licve in your vehicle in buss villiage i can sleepin a tree or by the river or by a fire

we provide wether u pitch in or not..many of the kitchens travel around year round feeding the homeless or feeding in disaster areas they do jobs a couple months a year for supplies then feed the rest of the year we dont require yiou to pitch in but its always a better experience if you do

look in the rainbow dreadies group and theres pages on the right theres a few rainbow raops and 1 ..whos job is it anyways

and watch thee vids

We Love You from Jonathan Kalafer on Vimeo .

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form