Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

what am i doing wrong and how do i correct the problem

krock
@krock
11 years ago
20 posts

what am i doing wrong when i wash my locs, they still feel greasy after they dry, and i don't know why please someone enlighten me.

updated by @krock: 02/14/15 10:15:37AM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

What are you washing with? Greasy hair means your scalp is too acidic. If you're doing the BS/ACV wash, cut out the ACV for a while. The BS will raise your pH level and help dry out your hair. Once it stops being greasy, you can gradually add the ACV back into your routine

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

what are u washing with and how

how are we suposed to guess what your doing wrong when we dont know what your doing?

guessing game?

your rubbing your head with axle grease

your rolling in mud

your using jelly instead of water

your wearing a bathing cap to keep your hair dry

you forgot to turn on the water

ok im done guessing how bout some details what are u washing with how what are u doing

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

did u ever use wax?

--
krock
@krock
11 years ago
20 posts

hell no wax why wanted to waste my hair or money sorry forgot to tell how i was washing i use neutrogena anti residue once a week,rinse warm water, but hair gets moist often. gets really fuckin humid down south

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

dont use that thats highly toxic and not easy to rinse at all its a residue remob=ver meant to be used a couple times a year max

try these www.dreadlockshampoo.com

it says anti residue but its not non residue at all it just strips other residues but leac=ves its own

and it stinks it smells like dirt

--
Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

You should not use that shampoo anywhere near that often. Once or twice a year, if at all. It is toxic. It could not be good for your scalp. Get a good dread shampoo. Ismy opinion.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

Ok. The neutrogena isn't good for locks. it's an anti residue shampoo. Anti residue is different from non residue. Anti ones strip oils away, but actually leave a residue of their own. That brand is actually very toxic and should not be used more than 2-4 times a year.
Rinse with cold water, not warm. cold water closes your pores and stops your scalp from producing as much oil of its own. I bet just switching to a cold rinse (as cold as you can stand) alone, will help with the problem. But also try switching shampoo. The ones from dreadlockshampoo.com really are the best. They leave no residue and work in all water types

krock
@krock
11 years ago
20 posts

ditchin it hair is still locking really fast , but im broke and don't care for BC and ACV rinse is there a way I can make my own all natural shampoo? also thanks

Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

What about castille soap, like bronners, I know there is one for hard water too.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form