Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I'm so that glad this site exists

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Stopping using it isn't enough. For the health of his locks, it has to be removed

updated by @baba-fats: 07/18/15 02:41:30PM
lionm
@lionm
12 years ago
8 posts

I gotta tell him. What's the best way to remove it this young? I think he wasted all of his money on one of those kits.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

how young are they? If he just started, as in, they are under 2 months, it might be worth trying to convince him to just comb them out, wash out all the wax and start over. He can get it out with anti-residue shampoo and some scrubbing. If they are further along, Dawn dish soap is pretty cheap. Get a big bowl, or pot of water. As warm water as he can stand to keep his hands in for long periods. Fill the pot, squirt in a generous amount of the soap, and dunk each lock in for about a minute or 2 and work the soap into his locks. Then wash his hair like normal. 1 session won't be enough, though. If he used wax multiple times, He'll probably have to do this 2-3 times a week before each wash for a couple of months to be sure all of the wax is out. It's a bit time consuming, but it has to be done more than less. It's better to keep doing it even if you think it's all gone

lionm
@lionm
12 years ago
8 posts

Alright. Thanks!

Sharon Willis
@sharon-willis
11 years ago
2 posts
Omg I'm so glad I read this I've been using wax for about five days now and the wax itself smells bad so I'm not using it anymore and gunna try and wash out the wax thanks heaps :-)

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form