Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Can I use the ACV rinse alone without baking soda?

DreadyKat
@dreadykat
11 years ago
12 posts

I have recently started using a baking soda rinse followed by a ACV rinse to cleanse my scalp and remove dandruff. However I am concerned that the baking soda will fade my dreads. The hair dye and henna in my hair seems to have lightened. Could I skip the initial baking soda rinse and just apply an ACV rinse? Will the ACV alone rinse clean my scalp adequately? Alternatively could I use only a small amount of baking soda in the first rinse?

updated by @dreadykat: 01/13/15 09:59:47PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

no and no instead m,use a dread shampoo yes baking soda strips color treated colors

but acv wont clean really (except oils) and will condition if yu use only a lil baking soda it partialy exfoliates leaving a "mud" on your scalp thats dead skin in paste form

if you use it u must use ot properly

but u can use the liquid from www.dreadlockshampoo.com instead wich is gentler on upit hair as well as color

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
DreadyKat
@dreadykat
11 years ago
12 posts

Thanks for the link, I might purchase a bottle of the shampoo when I can afford to. I like baking soda method because it does not mess up the roots of my dreads and create more loose hair, which can happen when I massage my scalp with shampoo. Would there be a method in which I can place shampoo in a pitcher of water and pour it on my scalp?

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

baking soda does fade henna. but i have done an ACV rinse and nothing else and my hair was clean but got oily pretty quick. i woulndt suggest just an ACV rinse. washing less often might help.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form