Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Anyone who is interested in learning how to prepare raw vegan food, please read.

Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
lots of free info at www.rawnaturalliving.com articles and vidsThere are some services as well for serious personalized transitioning and consultation.I know times are tight so dont worry if it seems like too much money. Just reach out. Izzy-licious said:
I need to try and work more veggies into my diet. It is really difficult when you aren't the one cooking and 4 others in the house are not veggie eaters. At dinner once my mother has put a bowl of olives ( which I hate) and said this is our veggie for tonight... often it is steak or some sort of meat and potatoes(however they may be made.. mashed, baked, etc...) I always feel tired and sluggish. I have had my blood work checked and so far nothing is wrong. But I have diabetes on both sides of my family ( Mom's mom and dad's dad) and I am so scared that I am eating myself into diabetes. I know I will probably end up having to eat meals seperate of the family and my boyfriend. They are so set in their ways and my dad will NOT give up steak... Same with my boyfriend I have to make him eat some veggies. Other wise he will eat everything else around them. I just know I have to do something quick or I will end up like my mother who is only 5'5" and nearly 300lbs at the age of 50. I am 5'10" and 315 but am getting close the same level of unhealthiness If I can get the ball rolling I am hoping I can get the rest to follow suit. ANy suggestions on what I can do to make it as easy as possible to transition my self in to a healthier life style and what would be good to try for the whole family and dinnertime as easy as possible with out cooking seperate meals. I am desperate at this point because I am sick of feeling so awful and have NO energy to do anything and I can be in pain when I do.
Daniel said:
hey man, sorry if i came off as ignorant in the vegetarian thread. I guess i like to argue. Hah. ive been thinking about transitioning from eating everything to a more healthy diet. Not necessarily vegetarian/vegan but alot more fruits and vegetables, organic meats, not as much crap and chemicals. i guess what im asking is how do you take that first big plunge and stop eating the crap?

updated by @didjeridurian: 07/22/15 06:15:40AM
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
effective and lasting transitioning is about much more than just diet. Diet is of equal importance to every other aspect of your life. To put it simply "you are only as strong as your weakest link".Exercise, sleeping patterns, sunlight, proper breathing, intelectual stimulation, spiritual awareness, etc.These are all importan and each one impacts the other directly. If you try to make the diet shift independent of the others it will be much more difficult.People like SE might see it as easier because he has a pretty solid foundation in nature and uses that as a guide like I do. When you have a solid foundation and deep understaning you can simultaneously apply concepts and pricniples to all aspects.Always think whole-istically. Think about what you know you should be eating why you know you should be eating it. Then think about that in all possible contexts.The biggest key is to TRUST YOUR INTUITION.
J.D.
@jd
15 years ago
115 posts
didj, what do you eat when you are at a friends house?
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
lolthe same thing i eat when I am anywhere else.You get used to traveling wit food or eating before you leave.Besides most of my friedns eat like me. J.D. said:
didj, what do you eat when you are at a friends house?
J.D.
@jd
15 years ago
115 posts
ohhh i seei knew you still ate what you usually ate but i guesss what i was asking was how does that work.... anywayi don't think i could become vegan until i move away from the folks. because my dad is a HUGE redneck who has meat for every single meal and is racist and judgemental and my mom really isn't willing to do a bunch of extra shopping,
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
id move outr quickor do your own shopping sat leastor..just cook for yourself just leave meatr out of every meal.. J.D. said:
ohhh i see
i knew you still ate what you usually ate but i guesss what i was asking was how does that work.... anyway
i don't think i could become vegan until i move away from the folks. because my dad is a HUGE redneck who has meat for every single meal and is racist and judgemental and my mom really isn't willing to do a bunch of extra shopping,

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
J.D.
@jd
15 years ago
115 posts
i already leave the meat out of every meal :) but im only 15 so im stuck here for another three years at least. my mom is really supportive of everything i do its just she would have a hard time buying meals for me and my parents are divorced so i go back and forth between houses throughout the week so that would make it EXTREMELY hard to fix meals at different houses. but when i move out im becoming vegan fa show!
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
The inevitable problem of yuor situation is that the easiest solution for you would be vegan "fast food". Fast food is junk food and vegan fast food is no exception. It seems that you dont have the time or rescources to make fresh whole food meals so you would be inclined to fall into the tofu trap.Eat what you can get and avoid the animal products but be sure to include as much ripe fresh plant food as possible.Ask your mom to get you a couple bags of valencia oranges from the store when she get other food. Maybe a hand of bananas and a bag of grapes as well. Now you have like 5 or 6 great meals that will give you the nutrients and colorie requiremtns youneed from the best source.Also make sure you are eating lots of romaine. HUUUGE salads. J.D. said:
i already leave the meat out of every meal :) but im only 15 so im stuck here for another three years at least. my mom is really supportive of everything i do its just she would have a hard time buying meals for me and my parents are divorced so i go back and forth between houses throughout the week so that would make it EXTREMELY hard to fix meals at different houses. but when i move out im becoming vegan fa show!
Amma Niradhara
@amma-niradhara
15 years ago
19 posts
hi JD i been vegetarian over 35 (gulp) years and vegan since 1998. i been at this way of life so long i take it for granted and dont even think about it. i was only 11 when i won the battle with my folks about 'not eating death' as i called it. this was partly because at that time i moved int with my grandfolks who were old europeasants and ate meat 2 or 3 times a week out of economic reasons. it always amazes me that people think that eating veg or vegan is expensive. we did it because we were poor. my grandmother was delighted i wasnt going to be eating meat! meat is expensive! and its the packaged unwhole unwholesome products they are selling in the health food stores that make you less healthy and gain weight even. just eat whole and simple. its that easy. you cant just substitute tofu for everything its overprocessed and has been found to damage digestive systems when eaten excessively. beans beans beans! lots of kinds and endless ways. also as the non-dominant cooker if you live with your folks you can make sprouts as a protien - get your mom to buy them theyre way cheaper than meat take the initiative and rinse them daily and eat them in salads with dark green leefys cooked or uncooked greens. dont forget pnut butter, all nuts and also corn meal like polenta is protien. juicing is great too if you have a juicer and add spirolina or green superfoods to it. these are important to a growing 15 yr old for isntance or anyone to keep your protien levels and not get iron deficient. you could also try a new hobby - making a culture for some kombucha tea. they are sold online in 2s - one jar each house for you JD. its so much fun to make and in summer esp i love it for keeping my energy up and digestion healthy and immune system. well thats a start.. there is a good raw site called raw-wisdom.com with tons of information. i just saw a free downloadable food buying guide on naturalnews.com site and lots of vegan blogs one called hungryhungryvegano.blogspot.com they talk alot about how economical it is to go vegan! good luck! J.D. said:
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
take it easy on the beans... toooo much protein and in bad combonation with starch. They are pretty indigestible. Rev. Nira said:
hi JD i been vegetarian over 35 (gulp) years and vegan since 1998. i been at this way of life so long i take it for granted and dont even think about it. i was only 11 when i won the battle with my folks about 'not eating death' as i called it. this was partly because at that time i moved int with my grandfolks who were old europeasants and ate meat 2 or 3 times a week out of economic reasons. it always amazes me that people think that eating veg or vegan is expensive. we did it because we were poor. my grandmother was delighted i wasnt going to be eating meat! meat is expensive! and its the packaged unwhole unwholesome products they are selling in the health food stores that make you less healthy and gain weight even. just eat whole and simple. its that easy. you cant just substitute tofu for everything its overprocessed and has been found to damage digestive systems when eaten excessively. beans beans beans! lots of kinds and endless ways. also as the non-dominant cooker if you live with your folks you can make sprouts as a protien - get your mom to buy them theyre way cheaper than meat take the initiative and rinse them daily and eat them in salads with dark green leefys cooked or uncooked greens. dont forget pnut butter, all nuts and also corn meal like polenta is protien. juicing is great too if you have a juicer and add spirolina or green superfoods to it. these are important to a growing 15 yr old for isntance or anyone to keep your protien levels and not get iron deficient. you could also try a new hobby - making a culture for some kombucha tea. they are sold online in 2s - one jar each house for you JD. its so much fun to make and in summer esp i love it for keeping my energy up and digestion healthy and immune system. well thats a start.. there is a good raw site called raw-wisdom.com with tons of information. i just saw a free downloadable food buying guide on naturalnews.com site and lots of vegan blogs one called hungryhungryvegano.blogspot.com they talk alot about how economical it is to go vegan! good luck!

J.D. said:

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form