Dreadlocks Forums

The vegan diet and myself

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

fish are killed by the billions a day

more then there are people

and for every 1 pound of kill ..intended kill theres 5 punds of uninended buikill that by law has to be thrown overboard and wasted

many endangered species

at the same time we take from te ocean at a rate 25 times higher then it can replenish itself

fish might not be as bad to eat as othr meats but the utter devestation on the oceans not sustainable  at all

http://thevegancalculator.com/animal-slaughter/

just open that page

leave it open an hour...a day

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
lopenator
@lopenator
5 years ago
75 posts

Ahh, there is not anything in this world like buffalo cauliflower. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

only had cauliflower 1 time that i actually liked it

38 years veggie but still picky about  what veggies i like and certain ones  i've only had once in my life that i actually liked... actually these guys have made me  love  many things that usually made me gag

they showed up in my hood 2 months out of most years for a decade

cause after the 1st year.. me and a few others turned the hod into "lots of love"

a 100% open to everyone  community garden safe crime free zone of peace and love

people came from the other coast to camp in what was a crack hood but became a very magical place

kinda like waveland but not as grand

--
Duskwood
@duskwood
5 years ago
45 posts

I usually call myself a 'pure vegetarian' because I don't like the vegan 'label', but it's the same thing. I don't eat meat because I honestly simply believe that it's evil. That's why I prefer to stay away from it when I can as well, right now I live in a home where people sometimes eat meat and when I see it around it disturbs me, because it's part of the dead body of a previously living being who's life was taken away by force. Other animal products don't bother me as much so you can stuff your face with cheese right in front of me if you feel like it :P But yes, it's very much a spiritual thing for me as much as it is an emotional thing I suppose. I also know that it is the healthiest way of living and it seems to be the most natural too =) I do feel bad for people who eat meat, because I'm afraid of what it does to your core being, or your soul, whatever you want to call it. Eating the remains of other living beings can't be good for your spiritual health, so I'm always hoping to change people's minds. But I don't like confrontation or aggression and sadly there are very few people who are willing to talk about these dietary choices with an open mind without being aggressively confrontational. On that note, my own family completely ignores me whenever I try and nudge them in the right direction and I've only been doing that for THEIR sake (as well as my own, because I want them to be healthy and live a long life so I can keep spending time with them), I never even bring up the animal rights thing even though that is almost more important to me because my family are just two handfuls of people, but those few people, with their diet, cause many many more animals to be killed for their food (with half of it often being thrown away into the garbage).

Okay so this post became much more than intended :D sorry bout that! All I wanted to do was be all like; yo, I'm a veggie too.

Peaceful_Passer
@peaceful-passer
5 years ago
233 posts
Welcome. Sorry to hear some of you have had negative experiences with one-way views.

The worst I've heard is "when are you going to brush your hair?"

Now I can say, I did for 4 months undoing and 6 months fighting them off, NEVER AGAIN lol

Do any of you have children? And are they vegan as well? I ate a raw vegan diet for years (started because of health issues). Health-wise that practice reset my body and while I'm not recovered I don't suffer like I did for the 4 years leading up to and I eat anything my body craves at this point, it's very close a vegetarian diet.

My 2nd is very motivated to be vegetarian/vegan for ethical reasons, which I admire, but I/ she/we struggle to keep her satisfied and to me nutrition is required, ethics are chosen. Lol I hope that comes across in that motherly way! With that said, do you have any advice on how we can satisfy both needs?

She's being overly picky and without variety is the true issue, what can we do?
FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
5 years ago
414 posts
Apparently @Peaceful_Passer is the last person to post in here but it's not showing up for me.

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
Peaceful_Passer
@peaceful-passer
5 years ago
233 posts
Want to revitalize this post and was thinking maybe we could share our favorite meals? Or just what it is that you do, where do you shop?

Today we were in town, 20 miles from home, typically on these days we head to the grocery store and picnic our meal so for $24 we left with: strawberries, bananas, sweet peppers, cherries, blueberries, grape tomatoes, carrots, orange juice 1 can lentil soup, 1 can garden veggie, 1 can garbanzo beans and 1 loaf of wheat bread. There was only 4 of us today (usually +2 preteens), I over bought clearly but it's all good, we'll eat it up between this evening and tomorrow. This is normal to us, however we've been consuming more processed foods than ever recently and "coincidently" feeling unhealthier than ever.

I recently watched a Tedx on nutrition and how meat protein vs veggie protein affect cancer cells, it really motivated me to get back to eating a fresh fruit and veggie diet, without compromise, not just for myself to feel better or to drop a few extra pounds but ultimately because I want my children to know what health is!!! I'd prefer to shop at the farmers market but that's an hr and a half away on Wednesday and Friday lol, some sacrifices must be made.

Link to said Ted
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

yes please ! i'm transitioning more and more from vegetarian to vegan, (and my sister just surprised me and told me shes been vegan a year 1/2  now without telling me haha) the biggest thing holding me back from going full in is meal ideas

on the way home from the gathering though i was given a grilled (vegan) cheese and spinach sandwich and was blown away by how good that combo was

it became a new fave on 1st bite

--
Peaceful_Passer
@peaceful-passer
5 years ago
233 posts
Last night i sauteed garlic and onion in olive oil, then added broccoli and a little water, covered and let cook till tender, I chopped basil, cilantro, mushroom, carrot, kale and tomatoes, saving a bit of each portion for my salad, then i added this to my broccoli, cooked until the kale was soft. Over rice, it was delish! My salad was all of this plus romane lettuce, sunflower seeds and raspberry pecan dressing.

Had left overs so tonight I mixed the remaining and added garbanzo beans and had salad. Kids weren't a fan of raw garlic lol I love it
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

on my trip i was munching pickled garlic and hot peers and garlic stuffed olives for my road food

--

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form