Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Will this hair ever dread? Feeling frustrated

3_little_birds2316
@carolbrennan
8 years ago
60 posts

That makes sense.  I will try to alter my sleeping position.  And if it takes awhile it just does :)  at least the rest if the head is looking great! My roots are starting to dreadup this week.

I just need to slow down and enjoy every part of the ride

--
Livin' wild and free in NC

Follow my dreadlock journey on instagram: @3_little_birds2316
3_little_birds2316
@carolbrennan
8 years ago
60 posts

Just wanted to post an update on this to say that Soaring Eagle and all the rest of you were absolutely right.  It does just take time.  That section of hair is now completely filled with dreads.  They are anywhere from 2-3 inches of knotted tip to all the way to the root and progressing great.  They will be 6 months old in about 2 weeks.

I am trying to get that area cleaner with the dreadlock shampoo by focusing on that section and that has really cut down on the oiliness that I was having.  Today I washed it and had to do a massive separation as everything was trying to knot together down there.

So if you are feeling like your hair isn't progressing just know that time will make it happen.

*peace, love, and happiness*

--
Livin' wild and free in NC

Follow my dreadlock journey on instagram: @3_little_birds2316
acidburn
@acidburn
8 years ago
96 posts

I was in the same boat hair fell out after back combing. So I left it alone and thought it would never dread up. Took 1 year before it started knotting. So yes time is key. Glad your hair has sorted itself out.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form