Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

not fully dreaded...

anthony williams
@anthony-williams
14 years ago
101 posts
right right, his locks do look dope for sure:) and his dread mullet is natural. i was just kinda meaning when people puposefully do that kinda thing... but, with what you have said i have a better understanding/respect for it all! :) Jessica said:
I've seen people with just one dreadlock. There are all different reasons. This person had cut theirs and kept one. Ive also had a friend with a dreadhawk... he chose to do it because he was cutting his and he left it a dread hawk for a while before fully cutting them. It must be hard to part with them after years. Elliot the singer from John Browns Body pretty much has a natural mullet... due to balding im guessing, but i think it looks pretty sweet. He definitely has some nice dreads. You too will bald one day and possibly have a dread mullet!!

updated by @anthony-williams: 07/23/15 05:09:46AM
Jcisazombie
@jcisazombie
14 years ago
40 posts
Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I just try to look at everything in life with an open mind. =)I think your post did ask a question that a lot of people are curious about. I'm just glad I could help in answering questions about why people decide to do what they do. =)Btw, you got some nice locks man, how did you go about them? Natural, backcomb, twist and rip?? anthony williams said:
right on bro, i really have to agree with everything you just said there. awesome response! :)

Jcisazombie said:
Well, I have dreads in the back of my head, not all over my head and I'm sure many people think it's gross or weird or whatever but, I just wanted it done. I do body modifications so I can add things I feel are missing from my body, like, I feel like adding holes and tattoos to my body completes me and places my soul and my ideas on my flesh, which I believe it's supposed to be. So, when I decided to dread three dreads in the back of my head, I felt like it was completing something because, and I'm sure all of you know this, dreads are not like any other haircut. They mean a lot to the individual, and they tell a story in a lot of cases. I don't see what it matters if a person has three dreads, or one thousand dreads, I'm sure the three mean as much to the person as the one thousand do to the other, and everyone should be accepting of others opinions and ideas, instead of making dreads a club where there's a minimum number of dreads you must have to be accepted. People do things for different reasons, for me it was for myself and completing who I want to be in my life. I don't look at a person who has 40 dreads any differently than someone who has 100 and I don't look at anyone who has one dread any differently from someone who has twelve. It's just a journey that they want to go on in a way that makes them feel complete and I think we should all be accepting of that.After all, dreadheads get a lot of shit, regardless of the number of dreads they get. Why would they want to become part of the people giving others shit? Btw, I didn't get offended by your post. =)
anthony williams
@anthony-williams
14 years ago
101 posts
thanks for the comment bro! the girl that did em for me done a mix of twist and rip, backcomb and a liiiittle crotchet to get em goin, and from there i just been leavin em alone :) really appreciate the compliment tho man i was kinda worried how they were gonna end up with such a combo... your three look pretty damn dope too! howd you get them goin just backcomb? Jcisazombie said:
Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I just try to look at everything in life with an open mind. =)
I think your post did ask a question that a lot of people are curious about. I'm just glad I could help in answering questions about why people decide to do what they do. =)

Btw, you got some nice locks man, how did you go about them? Natural, backcomb, twist and rip??

anthony williams said:
right on bro, i really have to agree with everything you just said there. awesome response! :)

Jcisazombie said:
Well, I have dreads in the back of my head, not all over my head and I'm sure many people think it's gross or weird or whatever but, I just wanted it done. I do body modifications so I can add things I feel are missing from my body, like, I feel like adding holes and tattoos to my body completes me and places my soul and my ideas on my flesh, which I believe it's supposed to be. So, when I decided to dread three dreads in the back of my head, I felt like it was completing something because, and I'm sure all of you know this, dreads are not like any other haircut. They mean a lot to the individual, and they tell a story in a lot of cases. I don't see what it matters if a person has three dreads, or one thousand dreads, I'm sure the three mean as much to the person as the one thousand do to the other, and everyone should be accepting of others opinions and ideas, instead of making dreads a club where there's a minimum number of dreads you must have to be accepted. People do things for different reasons, for me it was for myself and completing who I want to be in my life. I don't look at a person who has 40 dreads any differently than someone who has 100 and I don't look at anyone who has one dread any differently from someone who has twelve. It's just a journey that they want to go on in a way that makes them feel complete and I think we should all be accepting of that.After all, dreadheads get a lot of shit, regardless of the number of dreads they get. Why would they want to become part of the people giving others shit? Btw, I didn't get offended by your post. =)
kayla barker
@kayla-barker
14 years ago
7 posts
well, i had a dreadhawk. i LOVED it!! id rawked the hawk for a while, and it ended up dreading on its own at rainbow. im hippie, punker, anarchist. and to me the dreadhawk embodied that in a hair style. the hawk being the punk. the dreads bein the hippie, and i generally had anarchy sides shaved in the sides. it represented all aspects of myself into one hair style. which i absolutely loved. when i had to shave it off i said goodbye to each one of my dreads, and cried for hours.peace justice & anarchyroxie
Jcisazombie
@jcisazombie
14 years ago
40 posts
Nah, they look really rad. You're the first person I think I've seen with dreads done in like three different methods on the same set haha, that's rad. yeah, my girlfriend just sectioned it off and backcombed it for me. Now, I'm just letting them do their thing and taking it one day at a time. anthony williams said:
thanks for the comment bro! the girl that did em for me done a mix of twist and rip, backcomb and a liiiittle crotchet to get em goin, and from there i just been leavin em alone :) really appreciate the compliment tho man i was kinda worried how they were gonna end up with such a combo... your three look pretty damn dope too! howd you get them goin just backcomb?
Jcisazombie said:
Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I just try to look at everything in life with an open mind. =)
I think your post did ask a question that a lot of people are curious about. I'm just glad I could help in answering questions about why people decide to do what they do. =)
Btw, you got some nice locks man, how did you go about them? Natural, backcomb, twist and rip?? anthony williams said:

Jcisazombie said:
Jcisazombie
@jcisazombie
14 years ago
40 posts
What kind of punk are you into? If you've never heard of them you should really check out Anti-Product(the USA anarcho/crust punk band not the UK rock glam one)their lyrics are about anarchy, freedom, equality and woman rights. They're my favorite crust band, and it doesn't hurt that the singer, Taina, has a beast set of dreads, or did. They're not together anymore.Here's a link to a song by them, incase you haven't heard of them.
kayla barker said:
well, i had a dreadhawk. i LOVED it!! id rawked the hawk for a while, and it ended up dreading on its own at rainbow. im hippie, punker, anarchist. and to me the dreadhawk embodied that in a hair style. the hawk being the punk. the dreads bein the hippie, and i generally had anarchy sides shaved in the sides. it represented all aspects of myself into one hair style. which i absolutely loved. when i had to shave it off i said goodbye to each one of my dreads, and cried for hours.
peace justice & anarchy
roxie
kayla barker
@kayla-barker
14 years ago
7 posts
thats pretty sick! Jcisazombie said:
What kind of punk are you into? If you've never heard of them you should really check out Anti-Product(the USA anarcho/crust punk band not the UK rock glam one)

their lyrics are about anarchy, freedom, equality and woman rights. They're my favorite crust band, and it doesn't hurt that the singer, Taina, has a beast set of dreads, or did. They're not together anymore.

Here's a link to a song by them, incase you haven't heard of them.

kayla barker said:
well, i had a dreadhawk. i LOVED it!! id rawked the hawk for a while, and it ended up dreading on its own at rainbow. im hippie, punker, anarchist. and to me the dreadhawk embodied that in a hair style. the hawk being the punk. the dreads bein the hippie, and i generally had anarchy sides shaved in the sides. it represented all aspects of myself into one hair style. which i absolutely loved. when i had to shave it off i said goodbye to each one of my dreads, and cried for hours.
peace justice & anarchy
roxie
Jcisazombie
@jcisazombie
14 years ago
40 posts
Glad you dig it. =)There are thousands of more bands like them out there. I really dig the music because they actually want to change things and are active in a lot of the things they write about. Like Food Not Bombs and helping homless people, rebuilding communities, and politics. They're not just playing music to play, they actually want people to act out and show the world for what it really is. So if you dig the whole idea of an anarchist society, I'd totally recommend looking up more bands like them. =) kayla barker said:
thats pretty sick!

Jcisazombie said:
What kind of punk are you into? If you've never heard of them you should really check out Anti-Product(the USA anarcho/crust punk band not the UK rock glam one)

their lyrics are about anarchy, freedom, equality and woman rights. They're my favorite crust band, and it doesn't hurt that the singer, Taina, has a beast set of dreads, or did. They're not together anymore.

kayla barker said:
peace justice & anarchy
roxie
kayla barker
@kayla-barker
14 years ago
7 posts
for sure. i really dig riot folk and against me for the same reason. Jcisazombie said:
Glad you dig it. =)

There are thousands of more bands like them out there. I really dig the music because they actually want to change things and are active in a lot of the things they write about. Like Food Not Bombs and helping homless people, rebuilding communities, and politics. They're not just playing music to play, they actually want people to act out and show the world for what it really is. So if you dig the whole idea of an anarchist society, I'd totally recommend looking up more bands like them. =)

kayla barker said:
thats pretty sick!

Jcisazombie said:

kayla barker said:
peace justice & anarchy
roxie
Jcisazombie
@jcisazombie
14 years ago
40 posts
do you like Ryan Harvey, Johnny Hobo and The Freight Trains or Mischief Brew. kayla barker said:
for sure. i really dig riot folk and against me for the same reason.

Jcisazombie said:
Glad you dig it. =)

There are thousands of more bands like them out there. I really dig the music because they actually want to change things and are active in a lot of the things they write about. Like Food Not Bombs and helping homless people, rebuilding communities, and politics. They're not just playing music to play, they actually want people to act out and show the world for what it really is. So if you dig the whole idea of an anarchist society, I'd totally recommend looking up more bands like them. =)

kayla barker said:
thats pretty sick!

Jcisazombie said:

kayla barker said:
peace justice & anarchy
roxie

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form