Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

need help drying dreads with food dye

adrian pacheco
@adrian-pacheco
12 years ago
45 posts

i try to dye a few of my dreads with food dye and i didnt work and i dont know how to do it right can any one help i used red and it worked for a little bit and then i tried yellow on another dread and nothing happened :0

updated by @adrian-pacheco: 01/13/15 09:27:22PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,641 posts

what colors your dreads yellows well yellow and will take aklot to even show up on pure white dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Color theory may be working against you.... are you dying over dark hair (using your picture as a reference)?
If so, you can't put a light color over a dark color and get it to show up. You would need to bleach the hair white (or close to it) in order to get true-to-tone colors.

If you already are doing over lightened hair then there may be some other chemistry at work here that needs explaining... I've never used food coloring on hair before, just hair dyes and chalking.

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

on dark hair it would be really hard to get most colors to show up. Britany used vinegar & hot water with her dyes when she did the food coloring in her hair. something to think of trying maybe?

adrian pacheco
@adrian-pacheco
12 years ago
45 posts

updated by @adrian-pacheco: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
adrian pacheco
@adrian-pacheco
12 years ago
45 posts

i did the same thing only the tip changed color and i had my whole dread in the mix

Ixchel said:

on dark hair it would be really hard to get most colors to show up. Britany used vinegar & hot water with her dyes when she did the food coloring in her hair. something to think of trying maybe?

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form