Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dying dreads with box color...? Need help.

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

With a full head of bleached hair, you might find that the BS leaves it very scratchy and dry...but, if you follow with ACV you may be okay and not feel too dry at all. I use water that I collect every time I go to the beach. I worried about getting the salinity too high mixing it myself...so, I just keep gallons of ocean water on hand and it serves me well :)

Jessica Ann Hughes said:

I haven't been keeping track. I started this set in June so a couple months. Since my hair has been dyed a lot it has helped the locking process. I wash about 2-3 times a week, too. Plus I spray them with water a little bit when they get too frizzy and out of control messy. I thought about using my other spray bottle for a sea salt spray and do that before I do my washes, but I know the water has to be warm and that would be a waste of my sea salt (I only have this uber tiny container that I've used to do soaks for my piercings). I also use the Jason shampoo. It's the tea tree one that's for your scalp. I've never used the bs/acv wash before though. Does it help with the locking process with bleached/dyed hair rather than the non-residue/natural shampoos?

updated by @panterra-caraway: 07/18/15 10:58:56PM
Jessica Ann Hughes
@jessica-ann-hughes
13 years ago
85 posts

Collecting water wouldn't sound so bad if the ocean here in Myrtle Beach, SC weren't so dirty and disgusting.

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

Oh, that is too bad...I didn't know it was like that. My water seems pretty clean, although, ofcoarse the bits of sand settle to the bottom of the container. My husband teases me and says that I am putting fecal matter or sewage in my dreads and it just looks clean! LOL He may be right unfortunately :(

Jessica Ann Hughes said:

Collecting water wouldn't sound so bad if the ocean here in Myrtle Beach, SC weren't so dirty and disgusting.

Jessica Ann Hughes
@jessica-ann-hughes
13 years ago
85 posts

Well the water here is a brownish green. There is a sewage thing that runs some of it's waste into the water and everyone likes to be a tad ignorant about it, so they swim in the water anyways. Hopefully your water is clean(: The worst that would be in there is heavily watered down fish poo. haha!

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

Ewwww! Fish poo dreads...LOL
Jessica Ann Hughes said:

Well the water here is a brownish green. There is a sewage thing that runs some of it's waste into the water and everyone likes to be a tad ignorant about it, so they swim in the water anyways. Hopefully your water is clean(: The worst that would be in there is heavily watered down fish poo. haha!

Jessica Ann Hughes
@jessica-ann-hughes
13 years ago
85 posts

Haha! Yeah, that would be no bueno, too XD

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

LOL......

/ 3
Dislike 0