Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New TnR dreads! And a hello from a newcomer x

Kieran
@kieran
13 years ago
2 posts

Bina Malina...as a fellow UK resident, I assume you are familiar with the brand Simple? I don't suggest their shampoos as they do contain SLS (sodium laureth sulphate - bad for dreads). However, they do make a natural soap bar that is excellent for using on dreads, and dead cheap too! A few quid for four bars at Boots.

Link to product - http://www.simple-barsoap.co.uk/

updated by @kieran: 07/10/15 03:14:46AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

sls sodium laurel (or laureth) sulphate ive heard it can cause hair loss and the main concern with it is in the process of creatijg it its taintrd wiyh trace ammounts of another chemical thats linked to cancer

now trace ammounts in 1 product used weekly isnt gonna cause u much harm most likely but ..sls is in everythung toothpate to shampoos soaps laundry detergents its used because it helps create a richer lather ..its a foaming agent

sidenote jonny clean attempts to defend his use of sls acting like he knows more about cancer then the ama and the cancer society that have requested all cosmeticvs companies remove sls voluntarily

only a handful have

bronners never had it never will and lathers just fine without it

bs outclean em all without any lather

Bina Malina said:

Thanks - what's sls? Maybe I'll stick to BS and ACV wash? That's been going ok, but I do love lovely lush stuff.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

that soap sounds a lot like ivory soap here in america. the only thing i don't like about it is the ingredient sodium tallowate which is derived from the fat of cows and sheep. yuck. i've heard others say both soaps work well for dreads though.

Kieran said:

Bina Malina...as a fellow UK resident, I assume you are familiar with the brand Simple? I don't suggest their shampoos as they do contain SLS (sodium laureth sulphate - bad for dreads). However, they do make a natural soap bar that is excellent for using on dreads, and dead cheap too! A few quid for four bars at Boots.

Link to product - http://www.simple-barsoap.co.uk/

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form