Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

new and not sure what to do.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

There will always be about 2 inches of loose unknotted hair at the tips. It's totally normal. In fact, it really helps them dry faster. Leave them. Even if you tried to tnr them, they'd just come out anyway. If the lock wants to blunt the tips, it will on it;s own. I've got about 6 blunted locks, and the rest wispy. They did it own their own.

As for the roots being loose, leave them too. As they mature and grow longer that hair will mat itself nd get tangled. Don't worry. I use to worry about it and root flip and all of that to get them tighter, but as I read here, it's notnecessary. They will mat themselves over time. There will always be 1-2 inches on unknotted hair at the roots too.

Look at pictures of dreadlocks. Those peoples hair was not always that long. Locks grow like any other type of hair. but you don't see a lock and then 10 inches of unknotted hair. There's no secret to getting new hair growth to knot up. It just will.

updated by @baba-fats: 07/10/15 01:47:34AM
Australe
@australe
12 years ago
60 posts

Thanks for posting this, I'm almost in the same boat as you and the information that other people have given you is useful to me :)

Erin Kochera
@erin-kochera
12 years ago
16 posts

No problem. So far so good. I have a few that came loose because the hair was short but only a few.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form