Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Washing Natty Dreadlocks And Tips For Beginner

paulmarley
@paul-chirita
12 years ago
40 posts

Thanks. I guess I'll let my hair grow a little bit longer and then try to get a homemade tam. It would feel strange to have such a big tam compared to my short hair.

updated by @paul-chirita: 07/13/15 05:02:56AM
Valentin the Jellyfish
@valentin-the-jellyfish
12 years ago
79 posts

what i do when i towel dry doesnt take out knots, i just wrap it up then after a few minutes isqueezeeach individual dread with the towel and it helps a lot.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I've done it like that. All you want to stay away from when drying with a towel is rubbing your head. That and frizzy towels that tend to loose lint.

paulmarley
@paul-chirita
12 years ago
40 posts

sometimes i get pessimistic and think "real" dreads will never form in my case. it's been 1 month and a half since i stopped combing. I can feel like some baby dreads, but I feel they don't look like becoming big dreads or something. my hair is about 11 cm. also, I wear the tam I have about 9 hours a day. could any of these be reasons for preventing the dreads forming at all?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

dreasds are forming your only 1 month in thats only 4 weeks you say you feel dreass .. any dreads at just 4 weeks is good

11 cm is how many inches?

soundsshort tho

if under 6 inches that vcan slow it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
paulmarley
@paul-chirita
12 years ago
40 posts

Thanks for the answer. 11 cm is 4 inches. but does wearing a tam too much affect the dreadlocks in a bad way?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

possibly and 4 inches is real short to go natural so your expecting it to take about 4 extra months to grow to 6 inches and start dreaduing well

4 inches is hardly long enough to tnr or backcomb and f=get results that work

u really need to k=let it grow to dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

did you already learn to crochet or did you do it specifically for tams? (if the second one what tam did you learn with? I can knit but my crochet is very poor & the only project I completed was unusable lol)

Australe said:

You could always learn to crochet and make yourself a tam with wool yarn, thats what I did for my hubby. It is really simple to learn how to do it!

Australe
@australe
12 years ago
60 posts

I've been crocheting for a few years, I found a free pattern on ravelry.com
One of my best resources for learning to crochet is about.com and youtube.com

Ixchel said:

did you already learn to crochet or did you do it specifically for tams? (if the second one what tam did you learn with? I can knit but my crochet is very poor & the only project I completed was unusable lol)

Australe said:

You could always learn to crochet and make yourself a tam with wool yarn, thats what I did for my hubby. It is really simple to learn how to do it!

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

thanks, i use ravelry a lot. I just seem to have trouble figuring out crochet stitches (i'm a knitter). I'll check out about.com i've only been trying youtube so far & a lot of the videos for what i was trying to figure out were crap quality & not showing the stitches very well so it was hard to see what they were doing.

thx again :)

Australe said:

I've been crocheting for a few years, I found a free pattern on ravelry.com
One of my best resources for learning to crochet is about.com and youtube.com

Ixchel said:

Australe said:

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form