Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My Dreadly Companions

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

you could, but I'd just let them be. as you wash them they will separate a little and retangle. That'll probably take care of some of those gaps. I was about to post about them, but I see you already mentioned it.

it's doesn't look bad. It just looks like you tnr'd them a little tightly around the scalp. They'll loosen up and fill that space in on their own.

If you wanted to, you could undo them and do them again but a little looser. the knot doesn't have to go all the way down to your skin. In fact, it's fine to have an inch or so of undreaded hair by the root. It'll naturally do that as your hair grows anyway

updated by @baba-fats: 07/10/15 02:03:27AM
Jamie5
@jamie5
12 years ago
12 posts

I think it's all up do you. I am working on dread 'set' #3... first was wax and backcomb, yuck-cut hair off!. That was years ago. Recently I did do a few (like...5) tnr on my head but the hair was really starting to pull in some places where it didn't want to be in the sections I had made. So, I brushed that out and just went natural. I haven't experienced any pulling so far.
That's off topic now.

So, yeah, it's up to you really. If you really want skinny dreads then I would probably brush it out and re-do it with smaller sections. You will probably have to be more aware of congo-ing and seperate as needed when you do this though.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

Audra
@audra
12 years ago
11 posts

I think I will try to fix one that is in the front, not happy with it. And just wearing a bandana to hide some of the gaps in the front while I am out of the house. And then just let it down at home. See if in a few weeks if they are any looser

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

yeah, let us know how they are in a few weeks. I'm sure they will fix themselves.

Keep us updated

Audra
@audra
12 years ago
11 posts

The dreads that are tight, how long with it take them to loosen up on ther own give or take?

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

how old are they? are they all a few days old? As you shower they should loosen up each time you do until one day they start tightening up on their own. Do you tnr after each wash?

I'd say after the first 2-3 washes they should loosen up.

How do you wash them?

Audra
@audra
12 years ago
11 posts

They are all a few days to a week old. I have only showered once since completing them. I trn the ends slightly. I haven't washed them yet, but I am planning on doing the baking soda method.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

when you finish washing them, don't tnr them again. Just let them be. They should loosen up as long as you don't keep trying to tighten them

Audra
@audra
12 years ago
11 posts

Okay thanks! I will quit doing that. I ended up fixing one of the front dreads and it automatically filled an area I wasn't happy with.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

excellent. That's good to hear. Sounds like if you have the patience, you could do the same with all the others

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form