i think pickles would be more fun to throw at ya

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/23/15 06:34:43PM
just call me potato
@just-call-me-potato
15 years ago
4 posts
The question i get ask mostly is, who did your dreads? As if I dont have arms or it's impossible for hair to dread together without going to a salon. The bottom half of my hair is curly and has always been easy to dread but the top was wavyish and I do have to spend some time rolling them to keep me from looking like a cottonball with dreads.I will start to try saying "I've been growing my dreads for so and so long etc"
Matted Dew
@matted-dew
15 years ago
213 posts
whenever asked 'How u get ur hair like dat?" its alwasy a very simple answer from me, somthing to the effect of"Stop takin care of your hair."then a sumwhat exapnsion on how u can jus stop combing and then the common use of non-residue shampoo (jus to ward off the oh-so common myth that u cant wash locks)...tho i dont washThe most annoying inquiry however is deffintly the one that i bet alot of headies get" Who did your dreadddds broooo"DOY!
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
haha, what gets me is like when I got a *suggestion* from someone today "I think you need to redo your dreads you got some loose hair"from someone who obviously didn't know a thing about them.but yeah get alot of "who did yo dreads?" and how do you wash them?
Blonde Dready
@blonde-dready
15 years ago
84 posts
i have been gettin this question alot actually, ive had my share of haters making comments because my hair doesnt fit their standards. when asked i always say that i did backcomb, but after that i just let it go and wash it. Im actually about to rip someones head off with the ideas some people have about dreading... example: ewwwwwwwwwwww u dont wash ur hair!!! Nick!! what did u do to ur hair! wash it! Are u trying to be black?!ive only had a few comments that made my day, the other day a black dude walked past me downtown and he stopped and was like "nice dreads dude" and smiled at me. the most supportive person i have is my friend ryan who has been encouragin me. my girlfriend helped me backcomb in fact. Sooooo i think dreads are grown and the hardship and joy u are experiencing during your journey is all that matters, not what other people think or say about u can change what ur dreads mean to you. ummmmmmmm yup that about sums up my opinion !Boston hXc for life! just call me potato said:
The question i get ask mostly is, who did your dreads? As if I dont have arms or it's impossible for hair to dread together without going to a salon. The bottom half of my hair is curly and has always been easy to dread but the top was wavyish and I do have to spend some time rolling them to keep me from looking like a cottonball with dreads.
I will start to try saying "I've been growing my dreads for so and so long etc"
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
i have never had anythung but possitive reactions but still ocasionaly gert the misinformed questionstypicaly its like "how much of thats your real hair" or "whered u get that weave" or once at odunde where its like 8 or 10 square blocks of standing room only wall to wall dreads (mostly rastas) there was this goofy looking "loctition" with fake looking multicolo\ed dreads or dreadfalls who knows which who was telling everty dread that walked by "i can fix your dreads"shes in a sea of beautiful perfect natural dreads and all she could see was a way to proffit from fixing themi just looked at her and said..what do you mean..fix them..do they look broken to you?then shes like i can titghten them for yiu.. so i responded.. girl how old are you.. i think my dreads are older then you are..if theyre not tight now i wouldnt want em any tighterbut i politely took her card anyway and walked away..then i saw her saying the same thing to a 65 year old rasta whod grown dreads since birth and i just had to laugh

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
right on.Only I might rather say "Stop oppressing your hair. Just let it do what it wants to do." Matted Dew said:
whenever asked 'How u get ur hair like dat?" its alwasy a very simple answer from me, somthing to the effect of
"Stop takin care of your hair."
then a sumwhat exapnsion on how u can jus stop combing and then the common use of non-residue shampoo (jus to ward off the oh-so common myth that u cant wash locks)...
tho i dont wash
The most annoying inquiry however is deffintly the one that i bet alot of headies get
" Who did your dreadddds broooo"
DOY!

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form