i would

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/23/15 05:09:21PM
adam bradford
@adam-bradford
13 years ago
24 posts

how do you mix up a non oiled batch of backing soda wash and do you have to rinse it with vinager?

adam bradford
@adam-bradford
13 years ago
24 posts

also what if i used a dish soap like dawn would that be residue free?

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

you could use dish soap but they have really harsh ingredients that will ultimately turn your hair to straw in the long run and cause it to break. they also have sulfates that have been known to cause hair loss. i would try an organic shampoo or natural bar of soap. health food stores have a great selections. if you don't have hard water you could even use dr. bronners.

adam bradford said:

also what if i used a dish soap like dawn would that be residue free?

adam bradford
@adam-bradford
13 years ago
24 posts

i have never seen dr bronners where would they sell it? and i heard something about needing to dilute it ? if so how much dilution

Rosie Ford
@rosie-ford
13 years ago
12 posts

Dr. Bronner's is just about everywhere- I've seen it at places like Target and Fred Meyer, in the natural section or near the body wash. If you have a local natural food store, that'd be a great place to find it.

The dilution is VERY IMPORTANT. I thought I could eyeball it, or dilute it more or less if I wanted- but you can't really change it or it doesn't seem to work right. It's 1 part Dr. Bronners, 12 parts water. I find that a teaspoon of Dr. B's and 4 tablespoons of water is just right for one wash if it's been a few, but I have greasy hair. You could probably do 1/2 teaspoon Dr B's and 2 tablespoons water, if you don't have greasy hair- it wasn't quite enough soap for me, though, and my hair is shorter than yours. Dump it on and rub gently, it lathers like crazy, rinse well. Works better than other shit I've used. And it looks like we're in similar spots in the dread journey (my pic is super old) and Dr. B's made my hair start knotting up like crazy, way faster than it was before.

Good luck!

adam bradford
@adam-bradford
13 years ago
24 posts

my hair is not really dry or greasy it holds alot of moisture though. its about alittle over mid back length. it was down to my butt but it shrank a bit already.

adam bradford
@adam-bradford
13 years ago
24 posts

newest pics about almost 6 months in i switched to the anti residue shampoo from nutragena i found it and it is not cheap in the least its small and pricy. also my job seems to help alot due to getting dryed out from doing dry wall and it all being shoved into my cover alls all day at work along with increased amount of washing a week to about 2 times a week. pictures really dont seem to show as much as just looking at it. i have very little loose hair any more and most of it is tightening up and forming rather nice.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

awesome really coming along

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

nice progress man! almost wish my hair was longer lol how goes the shampoo? what are you doing for washes now?

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form