Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

If You Ever Used the Crochet Method

Knotty John
@knotty-john
13 years ago
78 posts
I'm experimenting more or less, I mean not everyone has the same experiences.

soaringeagle said:

nione none nione yea the smaller the needle the less the damage but thinkk a momment theres not a neele made thats not at least 10 times the thickness of a hair

u never should use any..period

why wiukld u even ask that question?

updated by @knotty-john: 07/23/15 12:10:31AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

its a dangerouse experiment ..everyone does have the same experiences..damage..only differences being the degree of regret..

just dont do it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Knotty John
@knotty-john
13 years ago
78 posts
I appreciate your concern, but I have to respectfully disagree. I've talked to people that agree with you and say that over maintenance is what killed their dreads. But I've also spoke with people that say their hair turned out just fine.

soaringeagle said:

its a dangerouse experiment ..everyone does have the same experiences..damage..only differences being the degree of regret..

just dont do it

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

this is what u will experience

1 they look super tidy even fake..woven not dreaded

2 they get stiff no longer hanging right either very straight or curled in around your faxce but not flowey and confy when tied back they stick straight back instead of hanging down

3 when squeezed they feel "squeeky" niot spongy from broken hairs grinding on eachother

4 they feel rough like brillo not soft like dreads again broken hairs

5 broken hairs make em fuxzzier niot smoother in long run so your temopted to constantly fixd them which constantly makes the probvlem worse

6 they will be 1/3 the thickness a healthy dread should be

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

dude define "just fine" they are simply clueless to the degree of damage its causeded they cannot see inside the dread theyt simply go by how the outside looks but it cannot be "just fine" because it always breaks hairs

look sat that dude skillteacher on youtube he thinks his gf's dreads are "just fine" even though u can lightly tug on them and they break right off

Knotty John said:

I appreciate your concern, but I have to respectfully disagree. I've talked to people that agree with you and say that over maintenance is what killed their dreads. But I've also spoke with people that say their hair turned out just fine.

soaringeagle said:

just dont do it

--
Knotty John
@knotty-john
13 years ago
78 posts
I guess damage is inevitable, but you make it seem like doing it once is enough to make me want to regret it. Yes I've seen what constant manicured dreads look like, do I want that? No I don't, I agree that continuous crocheting does more damage in the long run. I just want to "jump start" the dreading process to see what happens.As for skillteacher I have no idea who that is, but I sounds like his gfs dreads are probably super tight and stiff if they can be broken easily.

soaringeagle said:

dude define "just fine" they are simply clueless to the degree of damage its causeded they cannot see inside the dread theyt simply go by how the outside looks but it cannot be "just fine" because it always breaks hairs

look sat that dude skillteacher on youtube he thinks his gf's dreads are "just fine" even though u can lightly tug on them and they break right off

Knotty John said:

soaringeagle said:

just dont do it

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

crochet makes them super tight and stiff and crochet doesnt "jump start" the process it drasticly slows it because it takes 6 months to recover from 1 use b4 they even begin to dread right and loosen up enough to dread

why dont u just twuist and riop then leave em alone the damage u do u cannot undo

crochets a terible way to jump start them

Knotty John said:

I guess damage is inevitable, but you make it seem like doing it once is enough to make me want to regret it. Yes I've seen what constant manicured dreads look like, do I want that? No I don't, I agree that continuous crocheting does more damage in the long run. I just want to "jump start" the dreading process to see what happens.

As for skillteacher I have no idea who that is, but I sounds like his gfs dreads are probably super tight and stiff if they can be broken easily.

soaringeagle said:

Knotty John said:

soaringeagle said:

just dont do it

--
Knotty John
@knotty-john
13 years ago
78 posts
All I'm doing is laying down the foundation to allow the dreading to start. And crochet is the only method I havent used.

soaringeagle said:

crochet makes them super tight and stiff and crochet doesnt "jump start" the process it drasticly slows it because it takes 6 months to recover from 1 use b4 they even begin to dread right and loosen up enough to dread

why dont u just twuist and riop then leave em alone the damage u do u cannot undo

Knotty John said:

I guess damage is inevitable, but you make it seem like doing it once is enough to make me want to regret it. Yes I've seen what constant manicured dreads look like, do I want that? No I don't, I agree that continuous crocheting does more damage in the long run. I just want to "jump start" the dreading process to see what happens.

As for skillteacher I have no idea who that is, but I sounds like his gfs dreads are probably super tight and stiff if they can be broken easily.

soaringeagle said:

Knotty John said:

soaringeagle said:

just dont do it

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

why would you what have you used and how long had y ou let them dread for if u keeo using methodf after method your only undoing progress all dreading must happen by leaving them alone why dont you just try doing nothi8ng awhile and you will see they dread when you stop trying to force it

Knotty John said:

All I'm doing is laying down the foundation to allow the dreading to start. And crochet is the only method I havent used.

soaringeagle said:

Knotty John said:

soaringeagle said:

Knotty John said:

soaringeagle said:

just dont do it

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

umm i never said that it will fall out from one use but one use will cause dammage that cannot be undone ofcourse if u kick a car and dent it you can srtill drive it you can take a sledge hammer and smash it up and still drive it you can shoot holes in it crash it into trees and walls and for awhile still drive it but its gonna be pretty beat up and eventualy die... your better off not kicking it to begin with

--

/ 7

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form