dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreading the 1st few weeks of dreading

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

we had 1 guy get a dread perm

they said his hair was to healthy to dread so theyd have to fry the shit out of iit 1st (exact words)

his whole body was covered in sores itching like crazy he washed they told him not to till he got wax

luckily he found us the day after the perm if he waited for wax to wash he would have been hospitolized

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Joey mipanyarack
@joey-mipanyarack
12 years ago
80 posts
That's some scary sh*t! Funny but not until after my first two washes with the shampoo from dreadlockshampoo site has my hair really started to lock up.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

wouldnt it have been better to skip frying the hell out of yiur hair and scalp and just wash it with the yummy goodness of those shampoos and let it dread itself?

--
Joey mipanyarack
@joey-mipanyarack
12 years ago
80 posts
Definitely. And I will preach that to others coming on here wanting a dread perm. Hopefully someone can learn through my mistakes
Ruben Eli
@ruben-eli
12 years ago
11 posts
I have a question about washing dreads..First, at the very beginning, should you wash them every 3-4 days or more often? And does that change when they are mature or close to that?I know that mine ones improve after a wash, but if I do it every day it ruins them.
Jamajka
@jamajka
12 years ago
5 posts
i just love your wisdom! After reading a lot at this site i won't be concerned about my dreads ever again, and i was a lot. What a relief, thank you! :)
mitsigirl
@mitsigirl
10 years ago
6 posts

I had dreads done on Friday. The lady did the back comb and crochet method - have I made a terrible mistake? They are feeling pretty tight at the moment. If I just leave them alone from now on will they be OK?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

both was a mistake and they will be as ok as they can be they will get messier and take longer to dread they will be damaged but certainly not enough to ruin them completely that takes many crochet sessions typicialy i recomend aloe (straight from the plant) or jojoba to help loosen them up alot to speed recovery

--
mitsigirl
@mitsigirl
10 years ago
6 posts

mitsigirl
@mitsigirl
10 years ago
6 posts

Here is a photo of my dread that were done on Friday.

updated by @mitsigirl: 07/22/15 05:54:02AM

/ 20

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form