Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Sectioning for dreads

Phillip Spinks
@phillip-spinks
15 years ago
4 posts
Hello :)I was thinking of sectioning my hair and then going mostly natural. I've been trying to find out how size of the sections corresponds to thickness of the finished dreads, but I've heard 10 answers from 10 sites. Could someone who's been there done that help me?
updated by @phillip-spinks: 01/13/15 08:26:46PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
the size of the roots is roughly the size of the dreadsif u go natural your hair will section itself perfectly u just gotta keep ontop of seperrating sections so they dont eat eachothernatural sections form in many sizes and shapes u just wanna be careful to not allow them to get too jhuge of u can get pain and possible moldthinner dreads are somewhat ewasier to care for, up till the point u have way too many and always get tangled in emnaturaly ya want a variety of sizes that blend together beautifuly

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Phillip Spinks
@phillip-spinks
15 years ago
4 posts
Okay thanks :DI like big thick dreads though, I don't mind if they're a little more trouble. And this is the debate that's been raging in my mind... I like the idea of going totally natural, but I also want my dreads to all be prettymuch the same size. I just like things to be organized
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
well in order to make all the dreads the same takes extreme effort and they end up looking fake

there ya have exact same size "dreadss" but its a wig you can create the look of a wig with massive effort, but a wig cant recreate a natural dread lookif ya wanna work 20+ hours a week just to get a certain look ya canbut they always look better when its a mix of thick and thin blended together naturalystop combing 3 weeks and just sere what your hair doesbutkeep in mind what it starts out as wont be what it finnishes as

hers were born before my eyes the 1st 2 weeks shed had just a few very scraggly dreadsbut a few months later they thickened up really welldreads thast seem thin in the esrly weeks can get much thickerthgats another reason to not try to make em too thick to begin woth..plus unintentional congos are hard to avoid over yearsif u start off with a 1 1/2 inch dread that combines with another the same sizr then u got a dread the thickness of your wristthat can take 4 days to dry well which easily becomes moldi dont recomend congoing till they are mature and you know what they will doalso\thick dreads are far harder to get your fingers under the roots to scrub the scalpthat might not be an issue if u use the baking soda often but..u get an itch under a 3-4 inch thick dread theres no way to scratch itu can always congo in a year or 2personaly i waitted 18 Phillip Spinks said:
Okay thanks :D
I like big thick dreads though, I don't mind if they're a little more trouble. And this is the debate that's been raging in my mind... I like the idea of going totally natural, but I also want my dreads to all be prettymuch the same size. I just like things to be organized

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Phillip Spinks
@phillip-spinks
15 years ago
4 posts
Thanks for all the useful info, I think maybe I will just stop combing for a while and see what happens :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
good planpost pics every so oftenprogress might not be odvios to you the 1st few weeks but im quite used to it so can generaly see the beginnings of progress fairly quicklydepending on lenght and texture and oiliness/dryness u very wellcould see dreads in a couple weeks...or not...its always hard to guess.. but i think more ppl sewe em quicker then end up waitting a long time Phillip Spinks said:
Thanks for all the useful info, I think maybe I will just stop combing for a while and see what happens :)

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form