Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

loctician dread disaster (yet again)

Tyler2
@tyler2
14 years ago
19 posts
I was told by a couple people that keeping em tied up would keep the roots tight while their forming. Pictures to come in a few mins. I'm just getting all sorts of conflicting information.

soaringeagle said:

palm rolling does nothing

but u do want to remove all rubber bands the 1's holding the strands together too

if u need anythuing add a bead not band

wash when u want the baking soda is the gentlest way no scrubbing at all

leave emalone and seperate any that try to join at the roots

if u had em in a ponytaiol for days id seperate now so u dont get them all joining

updated by @tyler2: 07/22/15 07:53:22AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

keeping them tiesd up will encouraage them to become 1 dread thats all it will do

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tyler2
@tyler2
14 years ago
19 posts

this is what its like out of the ponytail, so whats the advice?

also, you dont think tieing them up for a little to strengthen the roots is a good idea? your the master so i wont dispute, ive just had a few of my jamaican friends insisting

Natty Dave
@natty-dave
14 years ago
56 posts
i've never heard of tying them back to keep the roots tight, and i would think it'd be opposite, tying them back would put strain on the roots, and would cause them to grow out into straight hair instead of dreading as it grows out

Tyler said:

this is what its like out of the ponytail, so whats the advice?

also, you dont think tieing them up for a little to strengthen the roots is a good idea? your the master so i wont dispute, ive just had a few of my jamaican friends insisting

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
wellroots need to move to knowt so ui dunno why theyd say that also oh wait yea i do i think they say what it looked like and thought having it more hidden was a good idea (no offence ill get back to that in a sec)u still have rubber bandsin so take those outadvice well im at a loss as to what to tell u this is 1 of the worse salon dreads ive seen (exceopt the 1 that used liquid latex)take the bands out shake em out washj em lets see what we got after they get a lil freedom it seems like she was the most clueless 1 of all thery are 2 strand twists which do not work unless u have african hair i mean any hair will dread but its just dumb to try that in your hairthey look like tiny strands and huge sectionsd which look messy and already like theyre trying to become a dread helmet(soon to be single dread)i really think the reason she said keep it in a ponty tail was ti hide how bad a job she didabsolutely get youir money back i would comb them out completeky befire the roots are all 1 matt (or am i wring are thye root sections not growing together already?)if the roots are seperated u can let em dread from there (count them, 1st lets see if she sectioned them way toobig)of the roots are growing together comb em outand then let them dread naturaly or twist and ripi think it would dread great naturallyif they are salvagable u want the rubber bands gone then equal time spend hanging loose to move and stuffed up in a tam

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

the jamaican freinds are they rastas or jamaicans who get salon dreads?

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

ot looks like 2 strand twists which are for african hair only

Tim Sides said:

is you hair just braided in the most recent pic?

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

im going to edit the title

--
Tyler2
@tyler2
14 years ago
19 posts

It was actually done at a friends house, I never said anything about a salon. Damn this is one passive aggressive website, airing on the side of aggressive and judgemental as hell.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

u said it was done by a loctician

I got my locs started by a "loctician" 5 days ago.

now does that not sound olike u fit it done by a loctician?
anywways we are just trying to help save your dreads cause freind or not they screwed u badly
and well u could get a good restart right now if u want by combing them out and then doing twist and rip but do it yourself
do not trust anyone calling themself a loctician

Tyler said:

It was actually done at a friends house, I never said anything about a salon. Damn this is one passive aggressive website, airing on the side of aggressive and judgemental as hell.

--

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form