Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

crochet dreads recovery more then twice as long as expected

Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts
the crochet ones are about three years old and the naturals are at about a year and a half.and its not just dread-less people that prefer them, there are also people who have dreads that are 9-12 years old that like them better.For the most part the only people I know who prefer completely natural locks are the people I know from this site. Almost everyone I know in person prefers crochet locks, or twisted locks.The best part is that I have almost as many dready friends as I do non-dreaded friends, so it's not like they are just saying it because they want to look nice for their family or something.
updated by @lex: 07/22/15 04:58:14AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
its odd but i dont think i know a simgle person whios not online that has crochetted dreadsi met a few online a few years agobut it isnt untill really recently that u hear about crochet all the time so muchi think when sites started telling the truth aabout wax ppl turned to crochet as an alternativein fact locticians advertised it as a way to avoid wax

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Brandon Arnold
@brandon-arnold
14 years ago
184 posts
I just don't understand why people feel the need to "maintain" dreadlocks. They'll look fine in a few years, and you can't really do anything to help them except be patient. Thousands of years ago people had the same dreadlocks and didn't use crochet hooks or hire locticians to help them.I get that they look less of a mess in a shorter amount of time (which seems to be a more American "get it now when you want it no matter what the cost") but it isn't the same, you know?just weird that someone would pay money for a hairstyle that's supposed to look like you haven't combed your hair in ages.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
that had said "you dont need to pay hudreds of dollars for amazing dreads like these" i dunno who changed it im guessing island momma

--
Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts
a lot of the people I know who prefer crochet dreads have or have had dreads themselves. I know a couple of white dreadheads, both with dreads that are around 13 years old, who swear by interlocking. They have a son who has been dreading since birth and his dreads are interlocked too, and he is almost eight now.I thought it was strange that so many people on this forum went natural, when I only I know one person IRL who did, and at least six others who much prefer methods that are considered harmful on this site.It is a very strange dready world out there, and only a fraction of it ever shows its ace on the internet.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i in real life know 1 interlocker ()91/2 asfrican 1/2 egtptian i think0) i knew a few backcombers not too mand most sdidnt keep em too long and i knew almost all the rest were naturalbut thats well cause goibg to gatherings almust all dread while thereand livin in philly knew thousands of rastasid always been around almost all natural dreadswasnt till i got online that i heard of backcomband was several years after that i heard of interlocking /(never anything good) or crochet (usuualy 1 person raving about it whiler 10 told em it was bad and 1 more newbie thought theyd try ityt out too)once i was online i was amazed at the crazy thins id hear1 girl had her head covered in latexanother used 3 jars of wax the 1st month and 6 more the next 2oh and then the dread tool i posted that rotates around youir dread pounding it with needlesand locticianss promoring "natural locks" who cover the hair in glue then fold it in 1/2 (tip to root) sew the whole thing together then glue it togetheronce online i started hearing crazy thinfs that really made me wonder why noone had a clue that dreads just happenthe term loctician that took me by surprise and i thought it was a joke till i saw it used over and over

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
prefferences are greatly influenced by media and the opinions of othersif all u hear is dont be caught deasd in wa black car or ppl will think your a terroristbuty a blue car instead even thoigh theres a 10 percent ckance it explodes when u turn the keylook at big boobs most braindead fools believe big boobs are best cause the media says they are so the bigger they are the more they matter even when theyre so big the chicjk cant get outta bed all the dude thinks is damn theyre massuive i want some (even if they are over 1/2 her body weight)same goes with meat your conditioned by the media ti think u gotta eat meat to be accepted and vegatarians are the worse thibg u can bethe image u are told is the right 1 the 1 that gives you the greatest acceptednce is the 1 u want like the boob thing ..big boobs generaly cause back pain and other issues but insecure girls want plastic surgerty to fit in to what they are told they should wantthe whole4 manucureddreads is manufactured by the locticiandss themselvesu must have zero loose hairs or u will look like a bumm its all conditioningignore the conditioning and look with open eyes at the real beauty that is natural dont think of how tidy they should be (lies u are made to believe) how straight or unifoem or free of texture or uniquenessignore everythibng u thiught u wanted and just look through thousands of pics u will see the soft free flowing ones do indeed look better then unhealthy forced onesbut condotionings hard to break some ppl look at dreadheadhq dreads and think they look good while most others just laughdhhq dread wearrers insist theyre the only ones looking goodpart is ego tho u never wanna admit u made a mistake and your ego always wants to be rightso everyone else is just a hater

--
Heather B
@heather-b
14 years ago
53 posts
this is sooo weird....I do not know ONE person (other then online) that has dread locks! It's amazing to hear about your locking friends! :D
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well we ware both rightbeauty is in the eye of the beholder but the tastes of the beholder is often influenced by what is pushed on them as ideal...nit always some ppl reject those ideals and have a more broad open mindbut the vast magority is extremely influenced by the images they are tod are correcthell have u ever seen those crazy comercials for a product called booty pump or something? basicly a prosthetic ass to make u look like u got gheto booty it looks completely rediculouse and like its meant to be a parody but with more whites getting into hiphop or whatever apatently ppl try to imitate that look with a fake assthe media in that case influenced a subsection of socierty to believe thats a prefferable look so creatted a way to fake it and sell a productin fact, im pretty sure most ppl never even thought about wanting that look untill the product came out and attempted to make it look desirablesame with that bumpit thing that chicks get to put under theyre hair that makes it stick up or a thousand other productsask yourself thiswould people want manicured locks iif nobody was manicuring loccks?someone has to create the buzzjonny clean comes alonghere buy this wax up yoir dreads and never fear a loose hair againso along somes a new group who think thats an improvementand then comes a guty with a needle saying dont feel sticky just poke away all day to p[erfect coformitycreating the product and saying its better then the old way automaticly creates yje idea in theyre minds thawt it isin the world instread of excersizing, moving or playing we not have better alternatives to dieting and living just chop out 1/2 the stomachswollaw a tawpeworm put on a belthat elecrricutes your abs..always something worse they tell u is better so u fall into the gotta have it mentalitythe very fact that anyone crochets can be traced back to a "authority" saying crochet is better then______marketibg is powerfullook at the popularity of energy drinksthen compare that to the tastedo u think anyone anywhere would have ever drank more then a sip without the promice of spinging wings and having the energy of a 2 year old on steroidsalotta the crazy thibngs u think u desire u only desire because of matketting promicong an p\utcomeaxe ..axe shows images of girlds fondeling your balls to sell what appears to be just a spingetheyre making millions claiming girls will like ya if yu stink of that shit (i can only assume it stinks since most stuff like that does)with crochet..the promice is acceptence and emplotyabikutycrochet in a salon and u will get a job and not be an outcasteall products desires are born out od a promice of a result no matter how fakeeat at subway and u wont be fatwqear gucci and they wont think u live in a ghetobuy nikes and you will win the olympocsshoes are shoues they gotta cover your feet and not cause pasinbut instead of 20 dollars u will pay 200 for the pronmice of making others jealouse..being in style ..admired by those with less moneyto buy into a harmful product or method someones gotta be feeding u lies that u should want it that its betterdont believe me4? take a sip of an enrrgy drink and try to enjoy it just for the taste aloneits the same with dreads u are fed the idea that 1 is better then the other cause its more expensive..status..i can afford 500 a month to not even have to wash my own hair and have them maintained for meremember awhile back we had someone whos freind spent 14 thousand dollars maintaining his dreads only to have them fall off?all along he thoighy he had superior dreads being professionaly maintained he never even washed them withoit going to the locticianwhen they started falling off he went to the locticianand kept goibg till they were too far gone to save14 thousand dollars to comfort himself to make him think he had better dreadsall it ise is u buying into an idea that something harmful is somehow better

--
Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts
Nature Vs. Nurture.SE obviously thinks we are completely nurture.I think that the fact that someone can believe that we are so brainwashed is a brainwashing in itself, because I have found that when you give most people the choice or the benefit of the doubt they know what they really want and they know what they want to because it allows them to fit in. Most people are not dumb and most people are not sheep.It is the media that most want you to believe that we are all a mass and that we all behave similarly.I went to school for advertising and graphic design. They want you to believe that everyone is constantly judging you, even though in reality we are all sitting around afraid of being judged. People are waiting for the opportunity to choose what they want, not consuming all the images the media feeds them. Yes, they might be afraid to look different, but it does not mean by any stretch that we are all the same.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form