Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How can I save my dreads?

George Crook
@george-crook
14 years ago
4 posts
Hey all,My names Crook, I lIve in the Uk, I made dreads the other day using knotty boy dread wax and the backcombing method shown in there video. Sadly, I'd never seen this site before today or any real negative reveiws over there proucts, but after spending the last hour reading through your site, I'm shitting myself.I've wanted dreads for absolutely ages and ive spent more than a year growing my hair especially, so i'm preety gutted to find out theres a high chance there going to turn out shit.Currently they look ok, but they really do seem like it's just the wax holding them together, and in the morning, after sleeping on them, some, if not most are pancake flat.I really want to save them, I've been palmrolling everyday since and that seems to be helping, but i've read on here aswell it's a waste of time?I really like them, they're a good size and lenght and i like the spacing, but i want them to last, and lock in and become proper dreads not candlesticks, I havn't used any wax since the innitial dreading and now don't plan on it eversorry i know i'm ranting but you get the idea lol, what the hell do i do from here?
updated by @george-crook: 01/13/15 08:46:40PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well if theyre only a couple days ol d your best bet is taking them out getting the wax out and starting over rightthats the only guaranteed way to be siuure u get all the wax outbut if u cant or wont do that then here http://www.dreadlockssite.com/page/dread-wax-removal-is-finally therezs new wax removers that seem fairly effective but will take repeatted uses to be sure u get it allif u do start over dont worry they will dread much faster wax freeall palm rolling does is compact hair into waxthats not drteeading

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
Wooo another person from the UK!!!...... just use the wax removal that will help. once you have clean your hair totally the best thing to do is go down the natural route because later on your dreads look sweet.gd luck pal
George Crook
@george-crook
14 years ago
4 posts
cheers for the speedy replies guysalright so my best bet is to stop palm rolling? no more! tbh i got abit parra today and spent quite awhile doing it, thye were preety skinny and point after but my hands got a coaked in wax afew times and took abit out, and now they've puffed out abit there's definatly some improvement.and will these sprays completly remove the shape of my dreads at this stage? like will it just look like a loose matt of hair? need it presentable for work, can't really wear a hat.thanks again guys,
George Crook
@george-crook
14 years ago
4 posts
sorry just reread your comment, i need to get my hair back to normal right? although i am tempted to try backcombing and palm rolling for afew more days as it seems to be getting a fair bit of wax off on my hands and making them feel sturdier
Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
you could backcomb but id say not to, natural would look so much better.....although its better than wax ewww lolif your really impatient then yes backcomb.....but only backcomb. I backcombed and crocheted, never crochet your hair mate it will mess it up :( George Crook said:
sorry just reread your comment, i need to get my hair back to normal right? although i am tempted to try backcombing and palm rolling for afew more days as it seems to be getting a fair bit of wax off on my hands and making them feel sturdier
George Crook
@george-crook
14 years ago
4 posts
Hey again guys, thanks for all the adviceI took the rubber bands out, and washed the wax out of thew couple of dreads that were the worst, and now none of my hir has a real waxy apperance or feel to it. I left my dreads in, but this morning disaster struck lol. I woke up and while my hairs still in dreads, all the roots now feel just like normal hair? is this normal? they were all preety bent and zig zaggy aswell, preety odd.just looking for some peice of mind lol, but i'm concidering brushing out now and starting again a different way
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
thats normal it means your getting the wax out and they have a chance to dread now

just keep removing wax just cause they dont look ir feel waxy dont mean the entire cores not wax still wax is evil and almost impossible to remove so take extreme steps to get it out and relax they are just beginning to dreadbut it is best idf u do comb em out get alllll the wax out and start over using twist n rip

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form