Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Growing More & More Impatient

NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
sometimes it's really hard for us to notice our own dreadie progress because we see our hair everyday. It's like our own children growing up. We may not see the growth everyday but a lil time goes by and we're like WOW! You're getting so grown up! Many Blessings
updated by @naturalwomyn: 07/23/15 03:26:23AM
jim
@jim
14 years ago
40 posts
why not twist and rip here and there?put a movie or series on and get to it!
jim
@jim
14 years ago
40 posts
i dont see the problem with "natural progress" being somewhat ripped as long as its getting knotty.yes, dreads can look different. almost every dread on my head has its own characteristic.no one looks identical. identical and even dreads are mostly the sign of hairstudio-dreads.there is no "magical mark". seriously :)either just let the hair be, or give some techniques a try :)
colbi godlove
@colbi-godlove
14 years ago
48 posts
Wear a tam, Im at 6 months and i just the other day got a dread ( Friend slept in my bed, rolled over onto my hair and it compressed and knotted hairs alottt i think i got a dread now. I have LOTS OF KNOTs! Just gotta be patient and let those knotts dread. If you TnR to me takes the natural out of dreads ;/ hang in there, you have a lifetime to dread. ( I havent seen TnR dreads been kept for a lifetime. Just natural ones. I plan on starting my dreads ( 6 months ago naturally ) And ending with me in a casket with my dreads laying ontop of me.
jim
@jim
14 years ago
40 posts
you havent fiddled with your hair at all?sectioning and using rubber bands does'nt count as fiddling i guess.and i remember reading something about "lockpeppa" in your picture descriptions as well.each to his own? with that attitude, this forum is useless.the magic line you are talking about depends on many things. what hairtype you have, how often you wash, what you wash with, how you keep your hair when you sleep, which side you sleep on the most, how long your hair is etc.i still recommend twist and rip if she wants a quicker start. Chewin Change said:
to each their own. i havent fiddled with my hair at all, and yet i hit a pretty magical mark, to me anyways... but who knows if that mark exists when you keep fucking with it. but to each their own.
jim
@jim
14 years ago
40 posts
i have no idea how long your hair has been. i am simply referring to the pictures available in your gallery. the one uploaded june 16'th to be exact.relax. it seems like you are the one feeling offended (writing in caps and all), not i.you don't have to feel threatened by me in any way, i am harmless and have no hostile intentions :)good that you got unneeded stuff out of your hair, Chewin.
Nicole
@nicole
14 years ago
125 posts
Ok. Here's Day 77 :) The bottom right pic is the underneath.

soaringeagle said:
well it will definate;y get things going but lets see what u define as no progress

updated by @nicole: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
hmmm....looks like progress to me! Definitely dreading and sectioning off. Looks great!
Katie2
@katie2
14 years ago
40 posts
What's TnR?...sorry, new to the dreads.

Alden said:
If you TnR now it'll be like starting over, I'd just go to a local Good Will store and see if you can't find a 100% wool sweater to use as a pillow case. I've been using mine for a week (maybe less) and I fuggin love it!!! It's been doing obvious good for my hair!
Katie2
@katie2
14 years ago
40 posts
Nevermind...Twist and Rip?

Katie said:
What's TnR?...sorry, new to the dreads.

Alden said:
If you TnR now it'll be like starting over, I'd just go to a local Good Will store and see if you can't find a 100% wool sweater to use as a pillow case. I've been using mine for a week (maybe less) and I fuggin love it!!! It's been doing obvious good for my hair!

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form