Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

2 strand twist

Bvelvet
@bvelvet
14 years ago
20 posts
Hello everyone I've been going threw and no one I can see as of yet has started out with two strand twist but a few questions at this point my hair is staying together great ends get a lil crazy and a lol bit of unravel at times but nothing major so question would be should I do the most common thing just let my hair do what it wants I've used wax cream once not much but I'm not going to use anymore after seeing pics of wax disasters and I plan on washing my hair once a month after I wash should I palm roll then just blow dry it?
updated by @bvelvet: 01/13/15 08:36:49PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
nioo dont waxwash more often then once a monthand palm rollings pretty useless it can help remove a lil water but so can just shaking youir head like a dogi blowdry in winter in summer i drip/air drywho told u to wash monthly? how long have u had em and wouldnt they feel gross and itchy after a week or 2/"

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Bvelvet
@bvelvet
14 years ago
20 posts
Well honestly I'm horrified to wash my hair but I know I need to it's a month on the 11th I'm just scared sum will unravel alot and I wouldn't no what to do to keep them from unraveling and I was just planning to keep going to a loctican so she would wash once a month etc

soaringeagle said:
nioo dont wax wash more often then once a monthand palm rollings pretty useless it can help remove a lil water but so can just shaking youir head like a dogi blowdry in winter in summer i drip/air drywho told u to wash monthly? how long have u had em and wouldnt they feel gross and itchy after a week or 2/"
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
do not go to a loctition..ever for any reason read what happened to that 19 year old kid after going to a loctition for just 1 year she twisted his dreads so much several are abo9ut to fall off!seriusloywash your hair..if it unravels..so what? hair dreads on its own and washing helps dreads dreadanything that unravels will come back together and dread on its ownloctitions are a big mistakeshe suggested the wax right?that should tell u enoughwash your hair it will dread better when its cleanif 1 does unravel too much.. stick a bead in it it will dread right up naturaly Bvelvet said:
Well honestly I'm horrified to wash my hair but I know I need to it's a month on the 11th I'm just scared sum will unravel alot and I wouldn't no what to do to keep them from unraveling and I was just planning to keep going to a loctican so she would wash once a month etc

soaringeagle said:
nioo dont wax wash more often then once a month and palm rollings pretty useless it can help remove a lil water but so can just shaking youir head like a dog
i blowdry in winter in summer i drip/air dry

who told u to wash monthly? how long have u had em and wouldnt they feel gross and itchy after a week or 2
/"

--
Bvelvet
@bvelvet
14 years ago
20 posts
Ok so how often would you suggest I was my hair what kind of product would I wash with and if it does unravel should I retwist how long would I leave a bead on it and if u look at my pics my dreads should get thicker I don't want them huge but a lol thicker and I would just air dry and do what u do blow dry in winter should I use a towel to dry or just straight air dry

soaringeagle said:
do not go to a loctition..ever for any reason read what happened to that 19 year old kid after going to a loctition for just 1 year she twisted his dreads so much several are abo9ut to fall off! seriusloywash your hair..if it unravels..so what? hair dreads on its own and washing helps dreads dreadanything that unravels will come back together and dread on its ownloctitions are a big mistakeshe suggested the wax right?that should tell u enoughwash your hair it will dread better when its cleanif 1 does unravel too much.. stick a bead in it it will dread right up naturaly Bvelvet said:

soaringeagle said:
nioo dont wax wash more often then once a month and palm rollings pretty useless it can help remove a lil water but so can just shaking youir head like a dog
i blowdry in winter in summer i drip/air dry

who told u to wash monthly? how long have u had em and wouldnt they feel gross and itchy after a week or 2
/"
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
look around most dreads here including mine dreaded naturaly meanning nothing at all was done to go from straight hair to dreads we just washed thats itso how can u be scared of unraveling when u never needed to do the twists to begin with/you have the best hair in the world for natural dreading if u just stopped combing it would dread in no timeso you paying someone to do what would happen if u did nothing then your paying someone to wash it? if u washed it 3 times or 6 or more thins month it would be way more dreaded then if u dont wash all monthloctitions know nothing about dreads reallyi bet she never mentioned that u could go natural for freee right?'since everything shes done to u was completely pointless why would u worry if it came undone?its a waste of money wether it comers undone or not

--
Bvelvet
@bvelvet
14 years ago
20 posts
Lol never looked at it that way so I'm a was at least 3 times a month everyother wk and just totally air dry would I still be able to control the size and should I even palm roll or twist any?

soaringeagle said:
look around most dreads here including mine dreaded naturaly meanning nothing at all was done to go from straight hair to dreads we just washed thats it so how can u be scared of unraveling when u never needed to do the twists to begin with/you have the best hair in the world for natural dreading if u just stopped combing it would dread in no timeso you paying someone to do what would happen if u did nothing then your paying someone to wash it? if u washed it 3 times or 6 or more thins month it would be way more dreaded then if u dont wash all monthloctitions know nothing about dreads reallyi bet she never mentioned that u could go natural for freee right?'since everything shes done to u was completely pointless why would u worry if it came undone?its a waste of money wether it comers undone or not
Bvelvet
@bvelvet
14 years ago
20 posts
Thanks Monica I def am going to keep the twist in there staying in great so no probs there what do you wash your hair with ?

Monica Cobb said:
At first i was doing the two strand twist because they look really cool but i took them out and started over just regular dreads and like u i was scared to wash because i thought they would come out but i just went for it and they were locked. I do use locking cream about once a month, but thats me but i think u should blow dry them
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
controlling the sizxzr is just done by ripping apart congos that try to formpalm rollings pointlessand twisting is pointless and harmfull your causing too much tension on the scalp and roots when u twist all the time thos can cause weak roots that break easily and a scalp condition that weakens roots causes scabs and dread lossin general theres just 2 things dreads need washing and seperating and seperatijngs optional it just preventsthem from growing together into thicker dreadsmonica mentioned "lockinmg gel" thats just alowe vera, maybe woth mango addedits more of a moisturizer then anything just cause african hair requires more moisture since u dry out and get brittle easiertheres other options as well jojoba shea or cocoa butter aloe vitamin e even olive oilthese shouldnt be thought of as locking products just hair health productsalthough aloe by its nature shrinks as it dries so pulls in loose hairs slightlygo wash your dreads and see how good u feeloh washing u want a non residue soap or baking soda mix theres a ton of info here on the baking soda deep cleanse so u can just search the site for that..or i just tried the dread shampoos in our shops (button at top of page) and it was wonderfulwhen u wash concentrate on the scalp only then let it rinse thru the dreads Bvelvet said:
Lol never looked at it that way so I'm a was at least 3 times a month everyother wk and just totally air dry would I still be able to control the size and should I even palm roll or twist any?

soaringeagle said:
look around most dreads here including mine dreaded naturaly meanning nothing at all was done to go from straight hair to dreads we just washed thats it so how can u be scared of unraveling when u never needed to do the twists to begin with /
you have the best hair in the world for natural dreading if u just stopped combing it would dread in no time
so you paying someone to do what would happen if u did nothing then your paying someone to wash it? if u washed it 3 times or 6 or more thins month it would be way more dreaded then if u dont wash all month
loctitions know nothing about dreads really

i bet she never mentioned that u could go natural for freee right?'

since everything shes done to u was completely pointless why would u worry if it came undone?

its a waste of money wether it comers undone or not

--
Bvelvet
@bvelvet
14 years ago
20 posts
Ok thanks

soaringeagle said:
controlling the sizxzr is just done by ripping apart congos that try to form palm rollings pointlessand twisting is pointless and harmfull your causing too much tension on the scalp and roots when u twist all the time thos can cause weak roots that break easily and a scalp condition that weakens roots causes scabs and dread lossin general theres just 2 things dreads need washing and seperating and seperatijngs optional it just preventsthem from growing together into thicker dreadsmonica mentioned "lockinmg gel" thats just alowe vera, maybe woth mango addedits more of a moisturizer then anything just cause african hair requires more moisture since u dry out and get brittle easiertheres other options as well jojoba shea or cocoa butter aloe vitamin e even olive oilthese shouldnt be thought of as locking products just hair health productsalthough aloe by its nature shrinks as it dries so pulls in loose hairs slightlygo wash your dreads and see how good u feeloh washing u want a non residue soap or baking soda mix theres a ton of info here on the baking soda deep cleanse so u can just search the site for that..or i just tried the dread shampoos in our shops (button at top of page) and it was wonderfulwhen u wash concentrate on the scalp only then let it rinse thru the dreads Bvelvet said:

soaringeagle said:
look around most dreads here including mine dreaded naturaly meanning nothing at all was done to go from straight hair to dreads we just washed thats it so how can u be scared of unraveling when u never needed to do the twists to begin with /
you have the best hair in the world for natural dreading if u just stopped combing it would dread in no time
so you paying someone to do what would happen if u did nothing then your paying someone to wash it? if u washed it 3 times or 6 or more thins month it would be way more dreaded then if u dont wash all month
loctitions know nothing about dreads really

i bet she never mentioned that u could go natural for freee right?'

since everything shes done to u was completely pointless why would u worry if it came undone?

its a waste of money wether it comers undone or not
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form