dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Neglect questions/tips

kilbil11
@kilbil11
7 years ago
4 posts
Hi everyone!
So I officially stopped brushing my hair back in December 2016 and have been going for the neglect method. It was only about 1-2 months ago that I got some dread shampoo and have seen some more knots since starting to use that.

However I still feel like he knotting process is going pretty slow. Does anyone have suggestions on washing/drying and sleeping habits that can help the knotting process?

Also I work in fast food and have to wear my hair up during my shifts. Is this probably a hinderance as well?
acidburn
@acidburn
7 years ago
96 posts
I'm on my phone so I'm not going to post the pics but look at my posts in this topic https://www.dreadlockssite.com/dreadlocks-forums/forum/general-talk/112025/9-months-neglect-video#r114521 it took me a long time to see change but it came after about 2 years
kilbil11
@kilbil11
7 years ago
4 posts
acidburn:
I'm on my phone so I'm not going to post the pics but look at my posts in this topic https://www.dreadlockssite.com/dreadlocks-forums/forum/general-talk/112025/9-months-neglect-video#r114521 it took me a long time to see change but it came after about 2 years

Thanks! I totally feel like my hair is doing what yours was doing at the beginning. Do you still use the charcoal detox shampoo? And do you recommend it?
I wanted to try to rotate through a couple different ones to see which one I like best.
acidburn
@acidburn
7 years ago
96 posts
For some reason the charcoal detox bar was the only shampoo that helped knot I also ordered the liquid version but it leaves my hair really smooth :$
kilbil11
@kilbil11
7 years ago
4 posts
acidburn:
For some reason the charcoal detox bar was the only shampoo that helped knot I also ordered the liquid version but it leaves my hair really smooth :$

Okay. I'll check it out
fundoo
@fundoo
7 years ago
41 posts
Haha! best thing I can say is PATIENCE!! :P

Mine also took/are taking a long time. I've got significant dreading now, but still lots of loose sections. The first time I noticed a major change was when I flew and laid my head on an airplane pillow for the 16 or so hours. Yeah, that really caused a lot of friction. I wanted to bring home the pillow!! Not exactly sure of the material, but it was a bit scratchy (comfortable, but scratchy-good for dreading) haha!

then since, I've been on and off using a tightening spray (once or twice a week at most)

I also changed up my shampoo too. Lush Seanick bar. It has sea salt in it, so it's really good for knotting, whilst still conditioning.

PATIENCE! ;)
updated by @fundoo: 07/20/17 02:30:02AM
kilbil11
@kilbil11
7 years ago
4 posts
fundoo:
Haha! best thing I can say is PATIENCE!! :P

Mine also took/are taking a long time. I've got significant dreading now, but still lots of loose sections. The first time I noticed a major change was when I flew and laid my head on an airplane pillow for the 16 or so hours. Yeah, that really caused a lot of friction. I wanted to bring home the pillow!! Not exactly sure of the material, but it was a bit scratchy (comfortable, but scratchy-good for dreading) haha!

then since, I've been on and off using a tightening spray (once or twice a week at most)

I also changed up my shampoo too. Lush Seanick bar. It has sea salt in it, so it's really good for knotting, whilst still conditioning.

PATIENCE! ;)

What tightening spray do you use? Also I usually like to wear my hair up while I sleep. I actually think I've seen more knots from when I do this. But do you have any tips to help with friction and stuff while sleeping?
fundoo
@fundoo
7 years ago
41 posts

kilbil11:
fundoo:
What tightening spray do you use? Also I usually like to wear my hair up while I sleep. I actually think I've seen more knots from when I do this. But do you have any tips to help with friction and stuff while sleeping?

Sorry it took so long to respond. I use Dollylocks brand tightening spray, but I've also used just plain sea salt and water spray. Funny you should mention more knots when hair is tied up. I've noticed this as well. Can't say tho if it's the best way to make knots, but I've stopped stressing about not being able to wear my hair up on occasion. For tips, all I can say is get one of those pillows, lol,but since I don't know the material, that isn't very helpful advice. :P

dread_stpauli
@dread-stpauli
7 years ago
156 posts

Do you rinse with cold water to get the shampoo out of your hair? I do it and i think it helps with oily hair (it closes the pores) and i feel it helps to tighten the dreads/ baby dreads. try it if you have'nt, its for free :-)

DreaddyRob
@dreaddyrob
6 years ago
21 posts

dread_stpauli:

Do you rinse with cold water to get the shampoo out of your hair? I do it and i think it helps with oily hair (it closes the pores) and i feel it helps to tighten the dreads/ baby dreads. try it if you have'nt, its for free :-)

Awesome advise , i wash my hair with warm water and then rince it off with cold water as well , cool ! good to here that im not out in the blue here :D

--
One of my favorite band/song is Mystic Revealers - All Over The World and Musical Garden

My reggae taste of music enjoy (see my profile for link (Spotify required)
My CompleteTimeLine from day1https://imgur.com/a/TCs9dcM
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form